Keyboard amp ?

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
musicismusic

Keyboard amp ?

Post by musicismusic » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:01 pm

Hello,

what would you thing of using this amp for the Taurus III :

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/K3000FX.aspx

This is a keyboard amp but has 15'' woofer and a 1'' driver, 7-band graphic. It delivers 300 watts.

Thank you

MC

Re: Keyboard amp ?

Post by MC » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:59 pm

Cannot recommend any Behringer under any circumstances. They are junk, designed for short life, have zero resale value, and many retailers have stopped carrying them because they would fail brand new out of the box. Yes it is cheap but you get what you pay for.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

jeepo

Post by jeepo » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:08 pm

I got one of those when I first got my little phatty then returned it the next day. It worked, but I just didn't like it. Are you planning to use the amp for studio use or public performances? If it's for studio use I recommend studio montitors with a subwoofer, I got mine (2 KRK rocket 6's with a matching 10" sub) on sale at guitar center for $400 which I think sound way better than the ULTRATONE K3000FX for not very much more money, but then that sale was over a year ago and now that setup is about double that new. A good place to look for deals is http://www.novamusik.com
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff

musicismusic

Post by musicismusic » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Thank you for your answers. I already have 2 KRK 6 for studio use. However, I'm planning to use the Taurus in a live setup with my friend at the drums. So it would be for rehearsal use, in a practical space with drums and electric guitar.

This is so sad that the Berhinger doesn't match because it is really cheap.

Baker69

Post by Baker69 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:44 am

Yes as MC has said, unfortunately you get what you pay for!

Having said that not all Behringer stuff is like that, my band uses a Behringer Mixing Desk and we are very pleased with it and have had a trouble-free 3 years' use out it and it still continues to deliver. I also have a small Behringer Mixer (802X) which I have had for a number of years and it has been faultless.

The only downside is that if anything happened to the desk we've been told there's very little chance of getting it repaired as the cost of doing so would easily outweigh the cost of replacing the desk.

Having said that, most amps/combo's are capable of amplifying the T3, obviously the sound/results are going to be different out of each set up. For live stage use I only use a 2 x 10" 400 watt combo with a horn and this is more than adequate for on-stage monitoring. I suppose 15" drivers may be better but it sounds reasonable to me.

factorplayer

Post by factorplayer » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:57 pm

I would guess that rigs for bass guitar would be ideal in most cases for the Taurus pedals. Anyone use theirs with a proper bass amp and cabs?

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:12 am

I play mine through an SWR Headlite (400 watts) driving a single 15" JBL speaker in a Sonic tuned & ported cab - sounds fantastic!

Baker69

Post by Baker69 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:50 am

factorplayer wrote:Anyone use theirs with a proper bass amp and cabs?
As I have said in my posting above, I play mine through my Line 6 LD400 Pro (as well as Bass Guitar at the same time) and it handles the T3 well and at a decent volume. The Bass goes into the normal Jack socket input on the front and the T3 goes in through the 1/8" Auxillary CD/MP3 Input socket.