LFO Clock Divider...Dumb Question.

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Studio1

LFO Clock Divider...Dumb Question.

Post by Studio1 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:16 pm

I am trying to basically reset my Minitaur and Sirin to default settings (like how you get them when they are new).

Does anyone know what the LFO Clock Divider is set at when it ships from Moog?

I am just getting into synthesis a lot more now and I think I understand what LFO Clock Divider is and does. Just want to start off with a clean slate, before I go in and start tinkering.

Thanks.

mfl

Re: LFO Clock Divider...Dumb Question.

Post by mfl » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:02 pm

When MIDI Sync is on, the clock divider is controlled by the LFO Rate knob. I don't think there is a default value for that parameter (I could be wrong, I don't have much experience with MIDI Sync).
Etherwave+ > Eurorack > [CV cables] > Minitaur , Sirin < [USB cables] < Bidule < nanoKontrols

Studio1

Post by Studio1 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:31 am

Thanks for the reply.

That sounds about right and makes sense.

It is probably just shown on the software so you can have a visual of what the actual Clock Divider is set to. Which is cool.

My Minitaur is not hooked up to my computer at the moment, but if yours or anyones is, can you please tell me if you move the LFO rate knob with MIDI sync on, does it change the Clock Divider divisions?

Thanks.

mfl

Post by mfl » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:08 pm

to my surprise, moving the LFO rate knob while MIDI sync is on only updates the value shown in the editor in real time on my Sirin. On my Minitaur, it only updates it when I close and reopen the editor.

My Sirin's LFO knob is correctly outputting CC3 (LFO rate) and CC86 (clock divider) when MIDI sync is ON and only CC3 when it's off. My Minitaur only output CC3 even if synced. Almost certainly a parameter I had overlooked when fixing the CC implementation of my Minitaur last year. Will investigate a bit more and try to fix that on my side.

I expect your Minitaur to behave the same way as my Sirin does (clock divider being updated in real time in the editor while turning the LFO rate knob when sync is on).

EDIT: I've just remapped CC86 to the LFO clock divider of my Minitaur and my problem is fixed. Both my Sirin and Minitaur now correctly update in real time the value displayed in the editor.
Etherwave+ > Eurorack > [CV cables] > Minitaur , Sirin < [USB cables] < Bidule < nanoKontrols