Taurus 2 controller not sending note

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
morderick

Taurus 2 controller not sending note

Post by morderick » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:13 pm

Hello, i own a taurus 2, everything works fine, except i cannot send note from controller to module. it sends triggers, but not CV, it plays always the last note played (for example if i send a CV note from an external controller). i am using a standard midi 5 pin cable to connect it, what could be the issue?

thanks,

Nico

morderick

Re: Taurus 2 controller not sending note

Post by morderick » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:32 am

I read some older topics, i tried using a 5pin cable (all 5 pin connected) and nothing happens at all. With midi cable i can send triggers, with 5pin cable I can't get any sound

till

Post by till » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:33 pm

As the Taurus 2 is not a MIDI Instrument, It might need more than a standard MIDI cable. A MIDI cable only got three of the five pins connected. And if I read the schematics I found online right, there are five connections needed.

So find a cable wit the needed DIN connectors and all pins wired to a cable. And the cable shield connected to the outer DIN connector.
Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-25 um 18.39.11.png
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

morderick

Post by morderick » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:58 am

Thank you for the answer, i tried also with a 5pin cable, but nothing happens, can't send trigger neither

till

Post by till » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:24 am

Did you check that each of the 5 pins of the cable are getting through to the other side pins? And did you also check they are on the very same pin number? There used to be cables with cross-over wiring. And Ground is connected to both ends?
If the cable is for 100% sure OK, you need a technician to solve this. Or find someone with a working Taurus 2 and test it with a known working Taurus 2 cable and a different Taurus 2 pedal keyboard.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

morderick

Post by morderick » Fri May 07, 2021 7:03 am

thank you, i checked every pin and that was ok, i didn't checked the ground... that is not connected. now i am building my own cable and i will test if that works. thanks for the answer

morderick

Post by morderick » Fri May 07, 2021 11:09 am

i made the cable, connected it but still had some weird behaviour.. like sending weird notes and not stable at all. then i opened it, and well... there was a misconnected plug, leaving one wire unconnected... i fixed it and now it works :D the synth has other issues tho, i am able to play second oscillator only synced with osc 1, the attack decay sectionis not stable, and there is always glide even with knob at minimum... but at least keyboard now works :D

megavoice

Post by megavoice » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:42 am

Hi Nico,

although many people are talking bad about, the "two", through the years I fell in love with that damn thing as I succeeded in

to imstall (soldering some parts) the possibility to transpose the pitch of the entire scale one octave downwards and back

again,...so I have now '32, additional in comparison to the regular '16.............and it's AMAZING !!!!!!

I often missed to switch down the pitch, but now I can "see" the frequencies jumping in my room and I adore having so

deep notes, only those guys have with the big modulars...........

But now to YOUR PROBLEM : the keayboard pedal -unit of the "2" is indeed the illness of that "bad thing".............

In some cases it might help tho bend back the whole pedal-unit and you might have you pitch control back.......

Put the unit upside - down and step on it, but, carefully !!!, as, if your're too heavy-weighted, it might can be damaged

And, too, it might also help to clean ALL the contacts rear-side..............

Formerly, I also suffered from this what you've described and after cleaning and bending back the unit...it's working fine

now..........the metal of that thing is pretty mellow, as, in that times Moog had to lower the costs and used metal in no good

quality for building.............

Good luck,

Christian
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fu** the prom queen." —Sean Connery to Nicholas Cage in "The Rock" (1996)
I've never seen any real prom queen here in my country, but if we had some they'd
**** with everyone.