"Goofy" sounding presets when running w/ hardware sequencer

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Fanny666

"Goofy" sounding presets when running w/ hardware sequencer

Post by Fanny666 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:59 pm

Just updated the firmware to 2.2.1
I was having the well documented stuck notes when I press stop on the hardware sequencer (303 clone)
This is fixed! Hurrah!
The other issue I'm having is when I change presets to audition a sound, it seems like the (non existant) mod wheel
is always at a value other than zero. This doesn't happen when I use it with an external keyboard / controller, so I'm
pretty sure it's not a value which is part of the preset.
The only workaround I have is to quickly grab the LFO - Pitch & mod knobs & turn them to zero.
Sound familiar to anyone else?

Fanny666

Re: "Goofy" sounding presets when running w/ hardware sequencer

Post by Fanny666 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:01 pm

Sorry I'm using a fairly early Minitaur SN 4670. I probably should have mentioned that...lol

RobustAmerican

Post by RobustAmerican » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:14 pm

Maybe try using a midi monitor to see if something is getting sent to the Minitaur that isn't intended. (Cubendo has a free midi monitor built in as a midi insert) Most DAWS should have this built in but there are also free midi monitors available out there. Just search for "free midi monitor". Sounds like you already know this but the Minitaur can save the Modwheel position as part of a preset.

Good Luck!

Fanny666

Post by Fanny666 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:33 pm

Thanks!
Seems like it's the opposite, it happens when I'm midi'ed up to my Q Rack (no mod wheel)
& (nameless) 303 clone (no mod wheel) It doesn't happen when I send from logic, or my Kurzweil 2600 (Mod Wheel!)
Perhaps it's not getting a Modwheel = 0 message?

mfl

Post by mfl » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:58 pm

have you tried messing with the Load Preset Mod Wheel global setting? (setup tab of the editor)

I have never encountered the problem your describing and the way you're phrasing it suggest you've already tried that option but I'm curious. Sorry if this doesn't help.

(there is also a MIDI SysEx that can change that setting in case you don't have access to the editor).
Etherwave+ > Eurorack > [CV cables] > Minitaur , Sirin < [USB cables] < Bidule < nanoKontrols

Fanny666

Post by Fanny666 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:36 pm

Thanks! I'll look into that...

Fanny666

Post by Fanny666 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:39 pm

Fixed! Actually you need to turn "load modwheel position with preset" ON or it seems to load some presets with modwheel set to 127.

Thanks for the help folks!

Gotta say the LFO clock sync in a tight 303 type sequence sounds SPECTACULAR! For some reason this parameter seemed to
default to 1/2 note triplets so that was adding to the goofieness....