MP-201 Envelope CC#?

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
EMwhite

MP-201 Envelope CC#?

Post by EMwhite » Sat May 29, 2010 3:26 pm

Have an env controlling the Filter on my MF-101. The filter is wired to a Freqbox and the fact that the MP-201 has an "H" (hold time) is damn handy. Sort of reminds me of the Oberheim env's.

In any case, I was wondering if there was a Midi CC# to control the "H" in HADSR.

Application? I want to be able to tweak the Hold from it's current setting down to zero whilst playing. If a Pot map can be used to control it, that would be good but ideally, I'd like 'stops' such that I can have the far right of the knob take it back to it's pre-programmed setting (value 311 in my case). I have a Novation that could easily bind a button to but in this case, I'm playing from the LP, using an LP patch, with CV out to the Freq. It all sounds pretty complicated I know. The short question is if there are Midi CC's mapped to ENV values?

Thanks.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

Amos

Re: MP-201 Envelope CC#?

Post by Amos » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Unfortunately not at present. I would like to add this feature, but need to figure out a way that is compatible with the existing arbitrary cc assignment scheme per channel. Definitely worth some effort to add this. Thanks!

-Amos

EMwhite

Re: MP-201 Envelope CC#?

Post by EMwhite » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:57 am

Thanks for the feedback (I knew you would have the answer even if it's not yet doable).

Speaking of which, let me know if you want more of my endless list of product enhancements. I'm really good a making up unsupporable applications/uses for Moog gear and have almost one of everything you guys currently sell : )
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!