MP201 V3

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
ebo

MP201 V3

Post by ebo » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:49 pm

This is my wishlist for the next version.
1.in midi to cv mode:glide to porta CC65 time-CC5,hold CC64
2.midi to cv one channel recognise the second ,next channel the third note.
voyager is switched to first note. so it is possible to play chords ringmodul and freaq box as tone generators.
3.where are all the triplets gone....1,1d,1t.....
4.a mac, pc editor
5.as a VST AU (I use mac)plug in
6.a master lfo independend( utinity mode)for midi to cv CC1 modulation
7.LFO (SH) triggered by note on
8.tap divider and multiplexer example: 1/4tap lfo does 1/16
9.midi control for all parameters
10.S&H random mode I mean the S&h modul was not feet with noise it was feet by square ramp ....Ebo

DontBelievetheHype

Post by DontBelievetheHype » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:33 am

I too would love to see a librarian editor for pc/mac.

The thing I'd like to see most would be some sort of 'quad mono' mode where all 4 switches/channels can be routed to a single CV/MIDI out to, for instance, control a signal CV input with 4 different footswitches/presets within a single preset-- a sort of stompbox mode. The things you could do modulating a filter with a mix of expression, lfo's and hasdr envelopes a footswitch away!!

Speaking of the new envelope generator, I'm loving it. I finally got around to installing the new firmware today and have been playing around with the new envelopes and having a lot of fun; with two CV outs into an A/B box with a single out to the Freq input of the Lowpass filter, I can perform a whole new range of filter modulation with a bit of tap dancing. The update went smoothly and the new functions are going to keep me busy for a while... Judging by the success of this update, I can't wait to see future firmware updates and this "hot-rodded" LFO section Amos speaks of! :D
Synth bass guitar rig including MS-20 filter clone, Paradox TZF, MF101, 102, 103, 107(x2), CP-251 and MP-201

innerloop

Re: MP201 V3

Post by innerloop » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:19 am

I can't even believe the triplets are no longer there. I'm really bummed about this ommission and it looks like its been a while since v 2.0 came out, so I'm not sure why this wasn't corrected immediately. I mean it can't be that hard since they were in v 1.0. Please Moog. Fix this now.

the mink

Post by the mink » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:59 pm

I'll add to the chorus here. Can't wait to see v.3!

MONO/POLY Expression tweaks:
(1.) 'Relative' setting in mono mode, so that when you switch back and forth between expression channels, it doesn't 'jump' to wherever the pedal is currently set. Instead, no MIDI or CV is sent until the pedal sweeps to the spot where it left off, thus creating smooth and musical results (as if you had several exp. pedals, 1 for each channel).

(2.) 'Mono' and 'Poly' should be selectable 'per preset,' and not just globally. For example, on one preset I'm switching between wah and delay levels (two seperate effects). On another preset, I want all outputs to fade in a giant wall of effects, all with one sweep of the pedal. I would definitely set this differently per patch for live gigs, or even just unique sounds.

PEDAL CURVE SETTINGS:
'S' curve, linear, etc. Just a few. 'S curve' seems to be the natural way the human ear wants to hear fades, transitions etc. in most audio, so it's very intuitive in a pedal.

GLOBAL NUMBER SETTING:
Starts on patch '00' or patch '01' depending on your other MIDI gear. (Mine all starts on patch '01' so the MP is always one number off.

Amos

Post by Amos » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:42 pm

These are all really good suggestions! I am glad to see them as it means there are some serious MP201 users out there :)
I think I will have time after Moogfest to do a small MP201 update, at least to add the triplets back in. I'm so sorry I haven't done this sooner.
As for the other features / MP201 V3, we will see but I can certainly imagine this being on next year's development schedule.
We have been very busy this year with the Voyager XL, Slim Phatty, Filtatron, and even a couple of surprises still... With our small crew we have to plan well ahead and it can take quite a while to work our way towards even very promising/relevant projects.
Even so, we will get there and this excellent list of requested features will be my first point of reference. Thank you!

-Amos

moogyman

Post by moogyman » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:09 am

Amos wrote:These are all really good suggestions! I am glad to see them as it means there are some serious MP201 users out there :)
I think I will have time after Moogfest to do a small MP201 update, at least to add the triplets back in. I'm so sorry I haven't done this sooner.
As for the other features / MP201 V3, we will see but I can certainly imagine this being on next year's development schedule.
We have been very busy this year with the Voyager XL, Slim Phatty, Filtatron, and even a couple of surprises still... With our small crew we have to plan well ahead and it can take quite a while to work our way towards even very promising/relevant projects.
Even so, we will get there and this excellent list of requested features will be my first point of reference. Thank you!

-Amos
Surprises? Suuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrprises? Hey, I like the sound of that!

The Slim Taurus - a.k.a. Taurus IV RME? Limited Edition MF-101T Low Pass Taurus Filter Fooger? Little Polly? MF-108 MIDI/CV Sequencer?

Or something even more incredible and surprising than that?

I'm interested.
Moogyman :lol:

Mandatory Cape Law: All keyboardists playing more than 4 keyboards at a gig must wear a cape. Unless one keyboard is a mellotron, then the keyboardist must wear a cape regardless of number.

ebo

Post by ebo » Thu May 12, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi Amos !Is it possible to intemplate a Quadrature LFO in the V 3 version?
LFO one 0. LFO two 90 , LFO three 180 ,LFO four 270 Stages.greets ebo

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Fri May 13, 2011 10:11 pm

Can you please made the OS less sensitive to the data wheel? Being as careful as I can, but it will skip 1 or 2 pages on the menu and makes it hard to set up.
I've stopped talking now.

ebo

Post by ebo » Wed May 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Today I used the 4 Lfo's to controll my panning modules.in fast range I heard a tone,now my last idea ... LFO as VCO controlled via 4 midi channels ? ebo

calaverasgrande

Post by calaverasgrande » Fri May 27, 2011 4:48 pm

I would liek to see some method of sequencing stepped CV. Kind of like a voice of saturn or one of the early analog CV sequencers. Just 8 or 16 steps would be nice. Variable steps between 3 and 16 would be great.
Ability to use one LFO to modulate (PWM?) another LFO. In other words, I hardly use more than 3 LFOs at a time. If I could use my spare LFO to modulate a square LFO to make it more interesting that would be great.

A simpler way to turn the gas pedal off. A lot of the time I use the gas pedal for speed of one LFO and want the others to stay synced to midi and not vary at all. Of course thsi means I have to jump in and zero out the gas pedal so that heel and toe are the same. Otherwise it will affect offset speed or amount. How about an expression on/off?
I would also love to see a version of this that omits the pedal and instead has more buttons and a bigger screen for better editing. MP301?
Taurus III, Digitone, Dark Energy, OB6, MG1, Grandmother, Blofeld

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Fri May 27, 2011 10:32 pm

More requests for OS3-

* No more unipolar or bipolar global mode. Allow us to select either on each channel of every preset.
* A dim LED mode. On the bench those amber lights are too BRIGHT!

The unipolar/bipolar setup is awkward. As far as I can see only the LFO would benefit from a choice of uni or bipolar. The MP-201 excels at LFOs, and sometimes you want a trill effect with unipolar and sometimes you want a vibrato effect with bipolar. It has to be bipolar if you use the gas pedal for amount of vibrato. Yet to get just a single bipolar LFO, every preset gets changed.
I've stopped talking now.

calaverasgrande

Post by calaverasgrande » Tue May 31, 2011 2:01 pm

Yes! global uni/bi polar is almost useless. It should at least be switched on/off as a per patch basis if not per channel.

ebo

Post by ebo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi ! I want a MP201 as a desktop model with:1.more outputs(12),2. no pedal,(but pods for every channel 3.switches for the midi Lfo times.(the MP 201is losing the clock by changing the midi clock time rate),4.an input for automatic tuning,(for use as a CV gate unit)5.expression inputs,6.for the software please read MP201 V3 in the controller forum . 7. a touch pad 8.a better display 9. a D beam? future music?

calaverasgrande

Post by calaverasgrande » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:23 pm

I would also be very happy if they implemented a s-trig mode to be compatible with older Moogs.

nrvana8775

Post by nrvana8775 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:31 pm

When syncing to a drum machine, the mp201 doesn't read individual midi notes. My electribe spits out midi notes on one channel, and I'd like a particular midi note i.e. c1 to be the sync source.

Or...I could buy a hardware sequencer :mrgreen: