MP-201 initial value modes

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
teddykjam

MP-201 initial value modes

Post by teddykjam » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:10 pm

Amos wrote:The way it works now is that expression channels have an "initial value" that is programmable, and that's the voltage that gets output when you first turn on a channel. Then whenever you move the expression pedal after that, the output snaps to the real pedal position.

-Amos
hey Amos... that quote is from the one a time mode thread...

it would be really handy if there were other modes regarding the initial value.

I would love it if the value didn't SNAP to where the pedal is and instead there was a soft takeover setting so nothing would happen until you move the pedal past the position where the parameter is and then it would catch.

It would also be great if there was a mode where you could set the pedal where you want and as soon as you turn on a channel the value of where the pedal is would be sent.

does any of that make sense to anyone?
Teddy

http://teddyjam.com

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:05 am

Not only does that make sense, but would be an awesome addition! Very cool idea! If it gets implemented I'll be buying an MP-201 for sure! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

omnichord

Post by omnichord » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:37 pm

Great idea!

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:10 pm

Duly noted. ;)

This makes a lot of sense and I think it's a great extension to the Initial Value concept. Thanks!

-Amos

teddykjam

Post by teddykjam » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:25 pm

Amos wrote:Duly noted. ;)

This makes a lot of sense and I think it's a great extension to the Initial Value concept. Thanks!

-Amos
thanks Amos...

just one correction: since in soft takeover mode the MP-201 won't be able to know where the parameter on another piece of gear is, my wording should have been "soft takeover setting so nothing would happen until you move the pedal past the position where it was when you turned it off, and then it would catch. "

right?
Teddy

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:34 pm

yeah, got it. We call that "pass-thru" mode on the Little Phatty, where the knobs do the same thing. If the real knob position doesn't line up with the preset value, the knob is "offline" while you move it until it matches up with the parameter value, and then it "goes live" as you move past the saved parameter value. Same basic idea, right?

teddykjam

Post by teddykjam » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:51 pm

you got it Amos...
Teddy