Exporting/sharing presets

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
Bryan T

Exporting/sharing presets

Post by Bryan T » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:35 pm

SEND PRESET allows you to send the SysEx data for the currently selected Preset for archiving. Before selecting this function, enable the device that will receive the SysEx data. Once the remote device is enabled, press ENTER to start the data transfer.
Are there plans for a Mac-based preset manager that will tie in with the SEND PRESET function? It could make managing presets easier and sharing presets between users a reality.

Bryan

Amos

Post by Amos » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:23 am

Not sure; however you can certainly use SysEx Librarian to do most of those things, and it's free. Also, remember that you can copy and swap presets internally within the Multi-Pedal, which should make managing presets relatively easy to begin with. These functions live in the Utilities menu.

Cheers,

Amos

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:44 pm

Thanks! I'll play around with this and try to share some presets.

Bryan

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:00 pm

Just a quick note: SysEx Librarian and my MP-201 don't seem to get along very well. I'm guessing this is due to MIDI over USB issues, but don't know enough to say for sure. When I try to export a preset from the MP-201 I do get data in SysEx Librarian. It'll pick a seemingly random manufacturer to go along with the data it receives. If I export it again, I'll get a different sized file and a different manufacturer. Like I said, I imagine this is a USB issue, but I don't have another MIDI interface to try. Just an FYI for other users out there that things might not work quite right.

Bryan

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:48 pm

Bryan T wrote:Just a quick note: SysEx Librarian and my MP-201 don't seem to get along very well. I'm guessing this is due to MIDI over USB issues, but don't know enough to say for sure. When I try to export a preset from the MP-201 I do get data in SysEx Librarian. It'll pick a seemingly random manufacturer to go along with the data it receives. If I export it again, I'll get a different sized file and a different manufacturer. Like I said, I imagine this is a USB issue, but I don't have another MIDI interface to try. Just an FYI for other users out there that things might not work quite right.

Bryan
If this is the case, may I suggest the M-Audio UNO? Cost is roughly 35-40 dollars, and is very effective for connecting the DIN pins to the USB on your computer. Just trying to help. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.