What is the best use of the MP-201 without a computer?

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
bhit1771

What is the best use of the MP-201 without a computer?

Post by bhit1771 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:35 pm

I haven't used any of the Moogerfooger pedals through my computer (and I still record to tape!!) but I am interested in the live use of the MP-201 through an amplifier. Can someone shoot me a few ideas? I am particularly interested in how the MP-201 would connect to an amp since the audio outs seem to be CV.

Bryan T

Re: What is the best use of the MP-201 without a computer?

Post by Bryan T » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:14 pm

bhit1771 wrote:I haven't used any of the Moogerfooger pedals through my computer (and I still record to tape!!) but I am interested in the live use of the MP-201 through an amplifier. Can someone shoot me a few ideas? I am particularly interested in how the MP-201 would connect to an amp since the audio outs seem to be CV.
The MP-201 usually wouldn't be connected to your amp. It doesn't have audio outs (unless you count the noise source), but control voltage outs. You can use those control voltages with any of the Moog analog gear. For example, you can control the frequency of the low pass filter, the mix of the ring mod, the delay time of the delay, and the depth of the phaser all at the same time. You can have tap tempo control over LFO's that control the devices. You could integrate it with a Little Phatty or Voyager to have both voltage control and control over presets with the press of one button You could . . .

Bryan

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:30 am

Yeah its definately not your typical pedal like a Volume or a Wah or something that is used to process sounds like a processor straight to the amp, it is mostly a SOURCE/CONTROL Generator.

It will also let you control any Voltage Controlled analog gear other than Moog.

EricK
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Suburban Bather

Post by Suburban Bather » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:49 pm

Is it possible to enter your bpm's without using tap tempo and still have the clock divisions? If its not already there, seems like an easy feature to add for people not using the MP-201 with a computer.

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:54 pm

Suburban Bather wrote:Is it possible to enter your bpm's without using tap tempo and still have the clock divisions? If its not already there, seems like an easy feature to add for people not using the MP-201 with a computer.
I'm tired at the moment, so this might be wrong, but I want to say that the clock divisions are only for the MIDI clock. If I'm right, then clock divisions of tap tempo should definitely be added. Your suggestion is a good one.

Bryan

Suburban Bather

Post by Suburban Bather » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:44 pm

Cool! thanks Bryan,

Also, if its not already a feature, being able to just manually enter the tempo instead relying on tap tempo would be super cool :D

Mooguitar

Post by Mooguitar » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:37 am

I use it exclusively out side my computer....

Of course, as covered elsewhere on this forum -- attached to a moogerfooger, some amazing things can be done

-tweaking any parameters
-setting a nice sound, leaving it like that and fading it in
-amazing results with the delay.....stunning

I plug it into an eventide timefactor
and then

-tweak delay times
-start, stop and delete loops
-tweak feedback, delay wet/dry mix

I plug it into a Boss gt-10
and then

-use the pedal to control the wah, flanger depth, volume etc
-use the switches to , again , start/stop loops