Moog ACCEP003 EP3 Expression Pedal

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
String Bender

Moog ACCEP003 EP3 Expression Pedal

Post by String Bender » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:27 pm

I have a Moog ACCEP003 EP3 Expression Pedal. Each time I start TC-Helican VL3X it comes up at full volume and I have to immediately adjust. I want to be able to control volume as well. The pedal reaches Max volume too quickly. I need to be able to adjust it so I reach full volume when pedal is fully depressed. I have calibrated the Pedal many times and it makes no difference. I don't know if it is the VL3X or the Ex Pedal. Any help appreciated.

Dataner

Re: Moog ACCEP003 EP3 Expression Pedal

Post by Dataner » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:33 pm

I also encountered your problem. Have you solved it?

Markyboard

Post by Markyboard » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:22 pm

Have you tried the pedal polarity switch?

If not you'll need to recalibrate after switching its position.

Putufen

Post by Putufen » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:45 am

Controls
Much like it is the case with other expression pedals, the only real control on Moog EP3 is the switch below the pedal surface itself. We have already mentioned Moog’s cam system, but when you combine it with the switch they’ve chosen, you get one really smooth and controllable expression unit. Moving on, there are two other controls that you need to know about. First one is your output level knob. It is a pretty straight forward component, but definitely not something you see all too often. The other is the polarity switch. Polarity switch is there to ensure that Moog EP3 is compatible with all kinds of equipment. As of now, you can use this thing with keyboards, pedals that have expression port, synths and more. Again, it is all simple. Great thing about such a no­ nonsense approach is that using the pedal comes natural.