EP-3 POT Adjustment Problem

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
dmorrison

EP-3 POT Adjustment Problem

Post by dmorrison » Sun May 19, 2019 6:53 pm

My EP-3 is lightly used and I've had it less than a year... and I rarely even touch the POT adjustment. In the last 3 weeks, the response from the pedal has been very erratic. In Ableton, when I adjust the POT, the values are not smooth or consistent, sometimes the POT is even inverting the values (like, full on when the pedal is rocked back and full off when rocked forward).

For troubleshooting, I have tried it on a Mac and PC thinking that it was a software issue, but the problem remains. I used to just be able to adjust the POT and leave it, but now, I have to keep tweaking it just slightly to get the response I'm looking for, even so, my max values are not consistent as it is so touchy.

The pedal is well cared for and super clean... any ideas here? Is this replaceable?

bichuelo

Re: EP-3 POT Adjustment Problem

Post by bichuelo » Mon May 20, 2019 8:30 pm

Have you tried replacing the cable?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

dmorrison

Re: EP-3 POT Adjustment Problem

Post by dmorrison » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:09 pm

bichuelo wrote:Have you tried replacing the cable?
Yes. Cable replacement doesn't do any good. Touching the adjustment ever so slightly, will make the values jump way up... what else is weird is that sometimes the values are inverted, but it all comes back to the adjustment pot.