Anyway of using the MP-201 or CP-251 to control two MF-101's

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
Jiinnge

Anyway of using the MP-201 or CP-251 to control two MF-101's

Post by Jiinnge » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:06 am

Hey,

I've been thinking of trying a new setup with effects pedals, and I'm wondering if I could have some help from anyone familiar with Moog pedals and/or reverb. I've been trying for awhile to get a good "non-reverb" reverb sound. What I mean is, getting a reverb sound that sounds like it's coming from a far away distance, rather than going to a far away distance. Sorry if this makes no sense, but what I mean, is like when you hear a sound way off in the distance and you get that filtered, sorta reverb sound where it's all muddy and warbled. But, all reverb pedals provide an initial sound, and then the reverb sound, like it's bouncing back to you.

So, I was thinking, what if I took a reverb pedal and put a low pass filter at the end of it, and using the expression pedal to channel it so it slowly loses the high end, sounding like it's getting the far away sound. So first question, would this make any sense whatsoever, or would I be wasting my time? (I know there's only one way to find out, but if I can avoid blowing my money, that'd be great :) ). Second question, if this works, I'd really like to keep it in stereo if possible, but with only mono inputs and outs from the Moog MF-101, it's not really possible. So...is there anyway of using the MP-201 or CP-251 and an expression pedal to control two MF-101's at the same time, so they both are evenly affected at the same rate?

Thanks

_DemonDan_

Re: Anyway of using the MP-201 or CP-251 to control two MF-1

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:54 am

Jiinnge wrote:So...is there any way of using the MP-201 or CP-251 and an expression pedal to control two MF-101s at the same time, so they both are evenly affected at the same rate?
Hi Jiinnge,

I'm nowhere near a CP-251 right now but...

I believe the CP-251 would do this perfectly. Plug an expression pedal (with a TRS plug) into the leftmost jack of the FOUR-WAY MULTIPLE section. The white ring (or red nut on older models) indicates that the jack has a +5v power supply when used with a TRS expression pedal. The remaining three jacks should reflect the voltage sent back by the expression pedal.

If for some reason, you needed to slightly offset the Control Voltages going to the two MF-101s, you could send each of the MULT outs through the ATTENUATORs on the right.

{One caveat: If any of the other jacks with white rings (or red nuts) has a TS cable plugged into it, the +5 volts will be (safely) shorted to ground such that none of the white ring jacks will be able to supply +5v until that TS plus is removed.}

Hope this helps.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _