MP-201 midi with Strymon pedals

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
djnodo

MP-201 midi with Strymon pedals

Post by djnodo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:21 pm

Havin a little trouble. Hope someone can help.
I know I can use the Multipedal as a straight expression pedal, but can I use it to switch through presets of other pedals through midi?
For example;
If I save presets in the timeline pedal memory can I use one of the foot switches on the Multipedal to call it up whenever I need it? Or can I scroll through presets of the timeline? Would I use the midi out as well as the cv outs?

Suggestions and guidance is greatly appreciated!

Salute

stiiiiiiive

Re: MP-201 midi with Strymon pedals

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:59 pm

Hey! I can't remember whether the MP-201 can or cannot send MIDI Program Change messages upon footswitching.
If so, then you should be able to recall any preset of the Timeline through MIDI.

Check in the manual :)

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:34 pm

As always: read the manual. Seriously. You would have found that you can do some of what you ask but not all. It took me 5 minutes to find your answer.

Program changes for example are possible through MIDI.

You could use MIDI or CV (or both!) to act as an "expression" input for the timeline as well.
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:47 pm

Alien8 wrote:As always: read the manual. Seriously.
Bitch slap!!!

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

:)

Stephen