MP201 sysex implementation

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
Vitja

MP201 sysex implementation

Post by Vitja » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi!

Ok, so it is clear that editor is out of a question.

But, is there anything we can do with sysex ?

There are tools that are just what wee need.

For example, buggy MIDI Quest and MIDI Translator.

Now when I finally got into MP with my synth setup (before I was using it just with moogerfoogers) I want to do some thing on the fly, like changing LFO shape, and switching CC numbers...

But without any sysex info, we are just lost here.

I really don't know why is this this way.

Or sysex does nothing to do with MP???

I was able to do some neat bleep with my old trusty Ensoniq DP/4 and MIDI translator, using simple CC converted into sysex to set a bank on my shitty Korg NanoKontrol 2, to control whatever I want.

I want to do the same with my MP-201!!!

Amos, is there any chance?

Thanx!
Gear:Slim Phatty, Arturia Minibrute, Casio MT-600, MF-101,MF-102,MF104Z,MP-201,CP-251,Ibanez John Scofield, PRS custom 24, circuit bent Kawai R-100,Circuit Bent Roland TR-505, Boss Dr55, Akai MPK 25, Ensoniq DP/4, RME Fireface 800, tons of guitar effects.

calaverasgrande

Re: MP201 sysex implementation

Post by calaverasgrande » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:03 pm

Even beyond midiquest there are ways to construct interfaces with Max or even some DAW software that could be used to more easily edit the various params.
Often when I start doing something new with my MP201 I end up in a deep hole of menu diving losing my changes by scrolling to a new preset (arggh!). By the time I accomplish my original mission I'm kind of burnt out on making music!
Probably why it did not take off as a product. It's hard to use compared to their other stuff.
Yet I still have never found a gadget that does what this feller does.
Taurus III, Digitone, Dark Energy, OB6, MG1, Grandmother, Blofeld