MP201 stopped working

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
earthlinger

MP201 stopped working

Post by earthlinger » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:14 am

Hi everyone,
Last night I was working in my home studio. All my equipment was on including MP201. I didn't use MP201 however I left everything on till the morning. Unfortunately when I woke up I realized MP201 was not working. I unplugged the adapter, plugged again, tried other outlets, pressed the power button several times but nothing solved. Blank screen, no light...Do you have any advice for me? Perhaps problem about the adapter, i hope nothing related to the controller. Should I try to solve the problem with a new adapter first? Is it common adapter I can find in Netherlands? Even the specs of my other adapters (from boss, EH) are not ok for MP201 (AC Power Inlet 12VAC, 500 mA - requires 0.5A), I can't even plug them to MP201.

warm wishes,

slh

earthlinger

Re: MP201 stopped working

Post by earthlinger » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:21 pm

update:
transformer of the adapter burned..luckily working fine with the new&heavy AC/AC adapter supporting up to 1000mA for now