MP-201 free running values

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
Landros

MP-201 free running values

Post by Landros » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've been having lots of fun with my MP-201 on my live setup, I have to say it's an amazing piece of hardware.

One little thing i've come across which is bothering me is how to translate "free running" LFO rates into BPMs. You see I'm playing with a drummer who is playing to a click track at say 140 BPM and I would love to sync my LFO to it, unfortunately he has no MIDI out for me to clock sync to.

Does anyone know what the "free running" values equal to in BMPs, milliseconds or anything that would help me calculate a certain BPM?

Cheers.

shortsleeves

Re: MP-201 free running values

Post by shortsleeves » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Well, I know it's a bit late, but I've only just found your post.

To sync with your drummer, use the option of syncing to Tap Tempo, and simply tap the tempo. You can use this setting on one channel, and sync the other three to the one that's Tap Tempoed – that way all LFO's will be in sync.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Lukasz
My SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/shortsleeves. Enjoy, and leave a comment!

dukepayen

Post by dukepayen » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:08 am

At the Southeastern Guitar and Amp Show, Moog artist Saul Zonana talks with SoundPure's Ross about the new Moog Cluster Flux MF-108M Chorus/Flange pedal in Raleigh, North Carolina.

calaverasgrande

Post by calaverasgrande » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:29 pm

It is kind of annoying that it cant sync to midi AND have internal sync.
Effectively you have to be connected to a midi time source while you edit the presets.
However my studio is bacically set up for playing, not editing patches. I dont even have a chair!

I often take gear home with me so I can edit the patches when I am watching TV, eating dinner etc.
Then next time at rehearsal I can try out a handful of variations on the same patch without having to fiddle with parameters all day.

It would be super cool if the midi sync coudl default to internal when no midi is present, and external sync when it is present. That way you can preserve the note duration values whole/half/quarter dotted etc.
That or make the free running mode display note values?
Either way it is a little annoying to need to have a midi source to edit those type of patches "offline".
Taurus III, Digitone, Dark Energy, OB6, MG1, Grandmother, Blofeld