Changing presets with MP-201

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
cigi

Changing presets with MP-201

Post by cigi » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:18 pm

Hey guys, sorry for bothering with such simple thing, but I have never been into midi at all. How should I set up my MP-201 to change a preset on a synth e.g. Voyager? Ideally with a push of a footswitch. many thanx cigi

patobrujo

Re: Changing presets with MP-201

Post by patobrujo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi cigi... i used the MP to change presets (programs) in 3 synths at the time, you simply set one of the channels of any preset (one preset has four channels), of the MP with the right midi channel (same as the voyager) and when you're editing the MP channel when it says "program change" you put the number of the voyager preset you need... and that´s all. Don't forget to set the MP channel with midi out (not CV only), and set the voyager to receive midi messages in the same channel of the MP... hope this helps :)
..::PATOBRUJO::..

cigi

Post by cigi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:21 pm

Hello Patobrujo and thanks a lot for your answer. If I do it the way you write and then keep pushing footswitch, will the presets continue changing (e.g. number up) after each push of a footswitch? I would like to use it through a concert to have my hands free when changing presets.

patobrujo

Post by patobrujo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:52 am

Hi cigi... no, when you call up the MP preset the program change will occur... then you can continue using that preset for all the modulation or any other thing you have it programed... the program changes to the fixed number you enter (e.g. 94) it's not like you push a footswitch and the program goes up one value, you have to program it

cigi

Post by cigi » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:10 pm

Hello Patobrujo, now not clear to me, if thing I would like to do - push footswitch to be changing presets up (or down) is possible with multipedal? Or is it only you call specific number for?

patobrujo

Post by patobrujo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:05 am

It is possible if you program it that way. The MP doesn't have it as a footswitch that is just for change programs.... when you create a preset in the MP you select a great number of things, you assign midi functions to the four channels if you like and cv functions to the four channels too. One of the midi functions is Program Change you can program so when you call up a certain preset the MP sends Program Change messages in a certain midi channel. I think this way is much better than having to press the footswitchs until you find the sound you want in your keyboard, you just made one or more MP presets for your songs and then organize them to be consecutive, you don't need to organize the sounds on your synth, you just call them.

Anyway to answer your question: is possible to change the presets but you have to program it that way