Will this work?? S&H

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
Rabalder

Will this work?? S&H

Post by Rabalder » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:06 am

I control the cutoff on MF-101 with the pitch-antenna on my theremin.
I want send the pitch-CV through sample and hold on CP-251 and set up MP-201 as a trigger.., Now, when I then adjust the cutoff(with the antenna), can I trigger the "S&H" so the cutoff stays at that exact position for as long as I want until I trigger it again?? Or is the "hold" time-limited depending on the LFO?

Havnt really used Sample and Hold before.
If this works Ill buy the CP-251...

Rabalder

Re: Will this work?? S&H

Post by Rabalder » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Ill buy it anyway :D
Brilliant device!

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:20 pm

I can't tell you anything about the mp201 because I don't own one.
Now, when I then adjust the cutoff(with the antenna), can I trigger the "S&H" so the cutoff stays at that exact position for as long as I want until I trigger it again??
I would run the audio to the 101 as you would normally. Then runs something (like say the gate output from the volume antena or a gate signal from the 201) to the S&H trig input. S&H outto cutoff freq in. This will allow you to randomly change the cutoff freq when you activate the vol antenna gate.

When you use the trigger input, I believe that it disconnects from the LFO. I like to use the Voyager's touchpad to this input and then get a random voltage whenever I hit the touchpad.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:41 pm

Yes, I can send a gate signal from the mp201. Great! Then its gotta work..
This is gonna be so super cool. Cant wait to pick it up tomorrow.

Thanks!