Moog Voyager & EP2 Expresion Pedal - Help!

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
Fordy

Moog Voyager & EP2 Expresion Pedal - Help!

Post by Fordy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:10 am

Hi Folks

I have just setup my EP 2 Epression pedal on my Voyager Select and there are some patches that react to the expression pedal that I would prefer didn't.

Let me explain a bit better. I have lead sound and I use the EP2 to add a touch of vibrato but when I change to the next patch which is a Sample & Hold patch there no S & H unless the pedal is in the correct position.

Is there any way to 'disconnect' these patches from the pedal with some behind the scenes jiggery pokery? I have tried messing with the pot mapping but can't find anything.

Thanks in advance!
Kind Regards

-Fordy

Gear: Nord Wave, Access Virus TI 2 Keyboard, Moog Voyager Select, Korg Radias, Novation Supernova II, Quasimidi Polymorph, Korg Electribe SX, Eminent 310U,

FX: EH Stereo Small Stone Phaser, EH Stereo Electric Mistress, Lex MX400.

LivePsy

Re: Moog Voyager & EP2 Expresion Pedal - Help!

Post by LivePsy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:48 pm

This is correct operation, its analog! If you have used the patches for some time before getting an EP-2, then this might seem strange. Anything you plug into the Voyager is likely to alter the way saved programs sound. You need to get used to operating the EP-2 to fit the patch. When you have enough things plugged in, the saved patches can sound totally wrong :D The MP-201 has the advantage that you can plug in 4 CV cables to the voyager but make unused connections sound like when nothing is plugged in to them.
I've stopped talking now.

Fordy

Post by Fordy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi LivePsy

Thanks for the reply :D

Ahh thats true but some pathes are not affected by the EP2 pedal so there must be a way of telling it not to react to the pedal.

My problem is that during the space of one 4 minute track I change patch 3 times and remembering where the pedal should be just before patch change isn't easy lol. Ok perhaps it is easy but it's also very easy to forgot to position it correctly for the next patch.
Kind Regards

-Fordy

Gear: Nord Wave, Access Virus TI 2 Keyboard, Moog Voyager Select, Korg Radias, Novation Supernova II, Quasimidi Polymorph, Korg Electribe SX, Eminent 310U,

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:35 pm

You might be able to use pot mapping to ignore the position of the EP2!

I remember a post describing how to ignore the position of the mod wheel with pot mapping:-

SRC: Mod Wheel Amount
Dest: Mod Wheel
Direction: Normal
Amount: 100%

So, I assume it is possible to also do this with the pedal bus:-

SRC: Pedal Amount
Dest: MOD 1
Direction: Normal
Amount: 100%

Because it is per patch, you should be able to make some patches ignore the pedal position. For those patches, use the pedal amount knob to set the pedal to a fixed value and save it in the patch.
I've stopped talking now.

Fordy

Post by Fordy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Hey thanks LivePsy

That worked perfectly, I need to write that down somwhere for future reference!

Thank buddy :D
Kind Regards

-Fordy