MP-201 extra expression pedals?

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
stuart_melvey

MP-201 extra expression pedals?

Post by stuart_melvey » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi,

I wanted to ask if it was at all possible to modify the MP-201 to accomodate more expression pedals? I have all the CV outputs connected to my foogers, but more expression control would be excellent. Not sure how hard this would be to do. Anyone thought about this?

Cheers

EricK

Re: MP-201 extra expression pedals?

Post by EricK » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:23 am

I think what would be in order is to make the MP 201 sort of a two way interface between your rig and the computer:

WHile the mp201 is a Midi-CV converter (and much more) with the pedal on the right, I think it would br great to make an MP-202 with CV-Midi conversion with the pedal on the left.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

EMwhite

Re: MP-201 extra expression pedals?

Post by EMwhite » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:10 pm

Absolutely every element of the MP-201 is designed around the number 4; four hard switches, four channels per patch, four regions on the display, four 1/4" jacks; it all works very nicely and is perfectly packaged (in my opinion).

The easiest solution would be to simply pickup another MP-201; they pop up on eBay every once in a while. Not everybody finds them as useful as they may have originally thought. To me (and scores of others), the thing is a powerhouse.

The street price has dropped as well, so for instance, you can pick one up for $449 from ProAudio in New York and they'll ship for free (and no tax unless you live there). Figuring that four EP-2's will run you about $200, that's a hell of a deal and the fact that they will both participate via Midi (ie. march to the same clock; send CCs to each other; etc) means that you can truly integrate them together.

To Eric's point, yes it sure would be handy to have a 2nd pedal with the same look and feel that bolted up to the left side so that you could mess with two settings without fumbling with buttons (like Cutoff and Resonance) but I do not believe they made any provision for this internally.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!