LFO control on the MP 201

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
Jasperh

LFO control on the MP 201

Post by Jasperh » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi,

I want to know one thing before I take the plunge here. Thanks for listening!

I currently use my little phatty to make midi timed, LFO wobbles. If you send it Midi CC, you can alter the timing of the LFO modulation. Which makes it ideal for the wub, wub dubstep sound that is currently ubiquitous.

I hear the MP does a similar thing. Basically, I want to send one channel to the filter of my Voyager and then use each button to send different speeds of LFO. Is this possible? Will I have to use a mixer to combine the four outputs?

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers!

EMwhite

Re: LFO control on the MP 201

Post by EMwhite » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Not positive (will have to try) but I believe each of the four buttons are hard-bound to each of the four channels, so yes, you would need a mixer if one output was desired. But one thing you can do is send very specific CC values to the Pedal (corresponding to preset LFO rates) so in the case of some of the better midi controllers out there (Novation MKII SL), you can bind a button to send something specific that jives (so to speak) with the BPM you are after. You'd have to fool around with it to find something optimal.

Been a little while since I did this, not sure if it's supported in 14 bit midi or just 7 bit, but it's workable. The product is incredible, well worth the $$.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!