MP-201 questions...

This is the place to share tips, tricks and questions about Moog's controller products; the MP-201 Multi-Pedal and the EP-2. There are a world of applications for these expression enhancers. Explore...
the mink

MP-201 questions...

Post by the mink » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:44 pm

Can you copy what's loaded into one 'channel' (i.e. cc#, MIDI channel, channel name) to another, in another preset, or do you have to copy the whole preset itself?

Also... What is the difference between a 'panel' and a 'preset'?
Thanks!

EMwhite

Re: MP-201 questions...

Post by EMwhite » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:14 pm

Based on my understanding (though I haven't tried this), v2.x of the firmware will allow you to copy a Present to a different location or swap present (all four channels + the basic information).

There is also the capability to Copy a channel, but only within a given present, so for instance you cannot take a channel from a 'template' Preset and copy it into a different Preset. That would be handy though (ie. keep 5 channels somewhere with 20 of the commonly used settings then populate a new Preset with the template values.

As for 'panel', I'm not sure what you mean. Surely a 'channel' is one of the four entities bound by a set of parameters and sending some voltage out it's assigned 1/4" output [1..4]. A Preset contains the four channels plus the ALL which defines midi info which is global to the preset/patch.

Hope I'm not insulting you with this basic explanation!
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!