We don't need no stinkin' badges...

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Kevin Lightner

We don't need no stinkin' badges...

Post by Kevin Lightner » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:57 pm

... but key-chain fobs are another story.... :)

Here's the story:

I have a limited number of reject Minimoog Model D replacement badges.
The only reason they were rejected was that they were cut a few millimeters too short.
Graphics are fine.

So they make great key chains. Same as I've been using for years.
I'll be adding some to our online store (http://www.minimoogs.com/store) soon.
But I wanted to ask you guys a question.
What style do you like the most?
Square or rounded corners?

I may add an optional key hanger for a wall that uses a larger key ring and an original Moog knob too.
Gotta have a place to hang your keys. :)

Thanks,
Kevin
Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime. - R. Pupkin

narrowcaster

Re: We don't need no stinkin' badges...

Post by narrowcaster » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:21 pm

Nice idea ... I like the rounded edges better. They complement the lines of the font.

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:04 am

Rounded. They will not poke holes in your clothes.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Prime NL

Post by Prime NL » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:07 am

I like the non-squared ones the best.... ;)

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:57 am

I'll take one in sinewave unless you can do sawtooth?

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Rounded because they will cut your pockets open if sharp and just get rounded anyway with wear.

Were the original badges rounded or squared?

Id be happy to purchase one that is not made into a keychain just for the badges sake if youd be willing to do that.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:35 pm

Rounded it is. Same as I like too, but wanted to ask others.
Thank you for your input(s.)

Erick, I don't personally run my parts store.
My wife does (and she's not exactly your biggest fan.)
Regardless, any inquiries should be made to the email address at Minimoogs.com.
I still have to decide on what is a fair price too.

Thanks again.
Kevin
Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime. - R. Pupkin

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Kevin,
Are you saying you won't sell me one?

luckynerd

Post by luckynerd » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:34 pm

EricK wrote:Kevin,
Are you saying you won't sell me one?
Read his reply again:
Kevin Lightner wrote:Erick, I don't personally run my parts store.
My wife does (and she's not exactly your biggest fan.)
Regardless, any inquiries should be made to the email address at Minimoogs.com.

So technically, yes, because Kevin does not handle parts sales. I do. :wink:

When it comes to the synth world, I treat people with the same consideration and respect they show towards Kevin. Does that answer your question? :)

~Monica Lightner
Learn To Fix

Moog T1 Pedal Contact Board Upgrade: http://www.minimoog.net/daphne/moog-tau ... act-board/

EricK

Manic Phase Shifter ~

Post by EricK » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:47 am

See,
If you hate someone, you should hate them.....all the way to the bank.

Obviously you have the right to refuse business to anyone and I can't fault a business owner for that.

However, if you go around refusing business (such as those that could lead to a 400 dollar micro contact upgrade and more), you shouldn't whine on your website about being reduced to food stamps.

Thank you for your prompt reply to my inquiry, your sense of professionalism is noted.

Yours in the "American Dream"
Your Friend,
Eric

Nick Montoya

Post by Nick Montoya » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:23 pm

Sorry to butt in, but this kinda bleep has to stop on the forum.
I think for whatever reason, it is not fair to Kevin and Monica to trash talk them!

They have both been there for all of us when we need them, providing priceless information and otherwise impossible to obtain parts!

I AM personal friends with The Lightners, so of course I am here to defend them !

But generally, this forum should not be to smear people. Please PM your hateful remarks to eachother instead of posting them for others to get upset about.

We all have hard times and it is unfair to use such tactics to smear another's credibility.

The Volt per Octaves have done some amazing things. Worked with all of our favorite artists, become part of the Moog inner circle and at times have made decent money being The VPOs.

BUT we too have had to resort to food stamps and welfare at points in our life, musical and otherwise..
No one should be shamed for using resources that are put in place to help out all americans. Don't dis EBT ! lol

I guess what it breaks down to is - I would hate to see the forum go down in a flash of frustration over whether or not you will be sold a cool a keychain.

Cant we not just get along?

May the love of Bob Moog shine down on us all!
http://www.thevoltperoctaves.com

http://www.myspace.com/thevoltperoctaves

http://www.moogmusic.com/artists/?cat_id=28

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:01 pm

Kevin smears me every chance he gets. His wife created the forum account specifically to trash me.

Your loyalty to them is admirable, but your message should be equally addressed to him as well.

If he truly was professional, he wouldn't have responded to me the way that he did, nor would his wife, they woudl have left genuine inquiries to their store, right?

amulover

Post by amulover » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:37 pm

Nick,
It is very reasonable to defend a friend, whenever possible, what are friends for? And that should be the reason why you have to butt in.

I agree with you that this forum should not be used to smear people and that hateful remarks should be PMed. But looking at the Kevin and Lucky Nerd’s post, they were the first to post hateful remarks. I strongl believed that you should have included them in your remark instead.

Here's part of their posts.

“Erick, I don't personally run my parts store.
My wife does (and she's not exactly your biggest fan.)”

When it comes to the synth world, I treat people with the same consideration and respect they show towards Kevin. Does that answer your question?

~Monica Lightner

But in your post you just made it like Eric is the bad guy. And I think that’s not fair either. While they do a lot of business for the company, are customers not supposed to be treated right too?

Who is more expected to behave, the company representative or the customer? I work in Sales too and I understand that we sales people have the right to refuse business with anybody, BUT for the sake of the company’s image, we can’t just tell customers boldly and in public that we don’t like them. If a customer happens to have not treated a member of my family right, it still don’t give me the excuse to not do my best to represent the company in the best of my ability.

I initially thought of sending you this message but I think since it's ok with you to post your reply defending your friend, I think you won't mind at all if I post my thoughts.

Florence K

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:57 pm

I don't know what the feud or bitterness is about exactly. But I already know just from witnessing it, as a potential customer, this turned me off of ever considering purchasing from them. Where is the professionalism?
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

amulover

Post by amulover » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:28 pm

Nick and for everyone to know,

I would like to add to my comments too, that I have seen how Eric went beyond trying to be nice to Mr. and Mrs. Lightner before everything went bad, contrary to what was portrait by these people. He spoke well of Mr. Lightner and though he didn't say, he wanted him to be a friend. Unfortunately, things didn't go through well. As humans, we sometimes feel threatened when a person seems to be better in some aspects, and instead of accepting it and taking it as an opportunity to build relationships, we react to it. Most of the time, we try to put the person down or make the person as look bad.

I understand that there were angry words in response to Mr and Mrs. Lightner's post but to just address a post defending them and writing off what they did, is not justice.

Florence K