Moog Slim Phatty, aka WTF is this? :)

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
toryjames

Re: Moog Slim Phatty, aka WTF is this? :)

Post by toryjames » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:32 pm

YAY!!!

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:22 am

I still like the round button lights better. That doesn't mean that I won't be buying one next year, though! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Krinor

Post by Krinor » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:52 am

toryjames wrote:YAY!!!
Where did you find this ?

Krinor

Post by Krinor » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:27 am

Ah... Matrixsynth of course.
Here's the back. No cv outs...

narrowcaster

Post by narrowcaster » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:51 am

Ack ... Having no CV outs seriously lowers the appeal for me. I wonder if there will be a factory upgrade option similar to what exists for the Stage models?

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:22 am

CV outs? [this may just be being negative] Don't count on it. If there were a punchout or plate on the back panel, maybe there would be a glimmer of hope.

Based on this likely being rack mountable, I can't see drilling holes in the side panels a feasible option (certainly not in sheet metal back).

Have a look at this, ( http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9876 ) despite the engineering work they had to invest in order to shrink the footprint of the board yet keep the same basic panel layout and the internal powersupply (which I applaud them for), it's got to be tight in there not that it requires all that much real estate.

It's a whole different marketing angle for them (not catering to the control voltage crowd), however and I'm sure it will be a big hit among the demographic that already have an analog Poly or a VA that want some mono punch. I've got a Voyager Old School and a Phatty w/CV outs and I want one (I didn't before I saw this new picture).
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

DomKane

Post by DomKane » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:43 am

Dom Kane
DJ | Producer | Engineer
Sound designer for Moog (Little Phatty + Slim Phatty), FXpansion (D-CAM), Steve Duda & Deadmau5 (Nerve)
http://www.facebook.com/domkane