MemoryMoog on Ebay...guess how much

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EricK

MemoryMoog on Ebay...guess how much

Post by EricK » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:16 pm

Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Just Me

Re: MemoryMoog on Ebay...guess how much

Post by Just Me » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:45 pm

$75?
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Jrayk Roze

Post by Jrayk Roze » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:00 pm

Nice hearts.
Voyager Old School #0005, Etherwave #18321, Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai, CP-251, and a Nord Lead 2X

david

Post by david » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Think I'll go for the 1967 Rolex also for sale. $53.00! More within my budget!

dml

moremagic

Post by moremagic » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:57 pm

and i thought the auction asking for THREE grand was ridiculous :lol:

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:15 am

Ridiculous.

I hate when people charge over the top money for gear. And I hate it even more when some fool goes for it. Because then other dealers can say something like "A Jupiter 6 just went for three grand a few weeks back," etc.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:25 am

I saw a Micro for 3000+ once. While that would be nice if it really went for that or was worth that much, its rapeage I tell you.

That is a clean looking MM though, and it better be. For 10k it better play itself, book your gigs and train your litter of labradors not to puddle up the house.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

moremagic

Post by moremagic » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Honestly, it could be a broken down piece of crap and be worth it.

If it belonged to smugglers or something ! :mrgreen:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:28 am

IT'S OVER 9000! :shock: Sorry...someone had to... :lol: That is WAY too much for a MemoryMoog...perhaps I'd pay that if it was fresh off the assembly line...Moog, are you listening?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

RL

Post by RL » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:33 am

What do you think a new Memorymoog in that high quality would cost in the year 2010?
$2000 or $3000???
The price for a used Memorymoog is around $3000. If you want the inside new and stable you have to send it to Germany. Shipping is around $1200 and the upgrade price is around $5000.
If you do not spend the money for repair/upgrade nobody knows how long the Memorymoog will live.
What is the price for a really good Stradivari?
Have fun,
Rudi
http://www.moogmusic.de/index2

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:45 am

So, you should move to the US, Rudi! Get the cost of the upgrade lower. :lol:
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

nicholas d. kent

Post by nicholas d. kent » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:28 pm

I've been wanting to get mine upgraded with LAMM since I got it in the 90s. Can't really blame Rudi but every time I get close it just gets more and more difficult to see happen, every time I come close to having the money it costs a lot more than what I expected before.

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:19 pm

I think Rudi should train up a few service people in other countries (ie US and UK) so that the memorymoogs dont have to be shipped to Germany.

There is no way i would ship my memorymoog to Germany even though i want the lamm upgrade badly. Too risky, only way i would get it there is to drive from UK and thats not gonna happen any time soon. Thoughts?

And also how much does Lamm cost for a memorymoog plus these days? All the prices have gone from the website..
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

Christopher J. Boylan

Post by Christopher J. Boylan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:51 am

As you all know, I had a Memorymoog Plus that I sold to a good friend back in January for 3G. This was a price strictly for him since I'm very close to him and I liked the idea of keeping it in the family. But I could have held out and probably got 4 to 5G for it, especially if the economy picked up.

Now don't get me wrong here - I still believe the Memorymoog to be the most incredible analog poly EVER built. It's a tough act to follow. But 10 Grand? No. It's STILL an analog machine built in the 80s - LAMM or not. Yes, the fact that it has the LAMM mod increases it's reliability, but again, it's STILL a 1980's machine. EVERYONE in this forum knows that a critical element of the machine - ANY analog machine of that age can snuff out at any moment without notice regardless of mods. That's just a simple fact of life. As human beings, we all have to face our mortality one day - every single one of us. The machines we create are no different.

10 Grand? I don't think so. With 10G I can buy what, 3 Voyagers? Do you realize what kind of other keyboard gear you can get with 10G? If someone has money to burn, that's a different story because they're buying it for the same reason people buy a piece of art like a Picasso or something.

10G. Yeah... good luck with that. Murphy's right behind you.
Buy cape. Wear cape. Fly.

RL

Post by RL » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:55 pm

nicholas d. kent wrote:I've been wanting to get mine upgraded with LAMM since I got it in the 90s. Can't really blame Rudi but every time I get close it just gets more and more difficult to see happen, every time I come close to having the money it costs a lot more than what I expected before.
Yeah I know, but now I have to replace all pugs too and meanwhile I have to replace more than 800 parts - maybe 900 parts in 4 years. I need around 150 hours for this monster job.
But - believe it or not in 25 years I'm sure the Memorymoog is still running with 6 TUNED voices :mrgreen:
http://www.moogmusic.de/index2