PRODIGY HELP

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
augustin187

PRODIGY HELP

Post by augustin187 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:37 pm

Hi,

thanks in advance. i hope this doesnt come out silly.

i once long ago searched this forum for help tuning my prodigy, you see it drifts from one octave to another. I think this is called attenuation. I found a schematic with the necessary trim pots that should be tweaked circled.

alas i cant find it now.

does anyone know how to tune this thing?

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

the other thing is that i am curious whast the trim pots do and is it or is it not advisable to tweek em. Given that i am a tweaker I really want to.

here is a list of them.
I'd love a simple break down but thats a lot to ask I know.

R14
R35
R40
R60
R92
R120
R135
R140
R152

till

Post by till » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:50 pm

All these trimmer will decalibrate the Prodigy.

It will sound totally out of tune if you use one of the trimmers in the oscillator section. The ones in the filter adjust the cutoff frequency scale and offset. Changing these will give you different cutoff settings then on other Prodigy synths. And the filter will not play to the scale of the keyboard if set to full keyboard tracking.

If this is your intention, then have some tune turning these trimmers. If you like to have a prodigy that is calibrated to the original specs (and they were rather useful), then get your self a online copy of the service manual with the instructions on how to calibrate the Prodigy by these trimmers.

And good luck, if you never did something like this before.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

acorkos

Post by acorkos » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:55 pm