Trolls and Spam

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
secretcervix

Post by secretcervix » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:12 am

Yeah, now I am, but if you look back, i was just trying to put my ideas out there and was attacked by an angry Xenophobic mob, and now I'm fighting back. If the people would just let me ask questions and post opinions without getting their panties in a bunch, this never would have happened. I am still willing to go back to that, but unfortunately no one will let bygones be bygones.

Voltor, I will stop with you because your last post was so pathetic, it made me feel sorry for you.

Subtronik

Post by Subtronik » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:15 am

Last edited by Subtronik on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/subtronik]My Music[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/39599873@N07/show/]Voyager Photos[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/subtronik]Voyager Videos[/url]

secretcervix

Post by secretcervix » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:18 am

actually, that's a complement. Now we are getting somewhere.

Subtronik

Post by Subtronik » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:21 am

Ah, I knew you were a bigot hatemonger.
Last edited by Subtronik on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/subtronik]My Music[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/39599873@N07/show/]Voyager Photos[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/subtronik]Voyager Videos[/url]

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:25 am

secretcervix wrote: Voltor, I will stop with you because your last post was so pathetic, it made me feel sorry for you.
I feel sorry for YOU. You have a music degree. You have a THEORETICAL math degree. You don't help people for a living, and won't even tell me where you teach...probably because you don't...you probably live in your dead mother's basement like Norman Bates, and troll this forum in your spare time when you're not playing your synthesizers and Indian music.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

secretcervix

Post by secretcervix » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:29 am

I am not joking, i almost cried when I read your post. Sorry for all the things I said about you or to you. I didn't mean them and this is just a stupid outlet for emotional expression, and it doesn't mean bleep. As for being a religious bigot, is anyone a religious bigot for thinking satan worshipping is idiotic? If so, i think we are all religious bigots.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:33 am

secretcervix wrote:I am not joking, i almost cried when I read your post. Sorry for all the things I said about you or to you. I didn't mean them and this is just a stupid outlet for emotional expression, and it doesn't mean bleep
The bleep about you being 'attacked for your own personal thoughts and opinions'... come on, how old are you? Stop acting like a damn 13 year old. Just admit that your life is inadequate, and we can all be happy. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

secretcervix

Post by secretcervix » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:53 am

Just for a moment, let's be real I know nothing anybody says on any forum means anything as to what kind of person they are or what they really feel about anything. As someone familiar with psychology should know, most of the comments made on any internet forum are not real at all. Most of the time its for shock value or whatever. We all have similar interests, and to make enemies with people that in real life we would be friends with is kind of absurd. I never meant any mean thing I said, and I know you didn't either. But my opinions were for the most part from my heart. The main point I was trying to get across is that monophonic synths share a very wise philosophy with many Indian Classical instruments, and though most Indian musicians don't know it, are perfectly suited to play raga, the main Indian Classical form. This music has been around for thousands of years and is the oldest surviving musical form. What I humbly presume, and of course I can't say this with any degree of certainty, is that the same wisdom, in a VERY DIFFERENT form, is what Dr. Robert Moog's work was rooted in. I firmly believe this, and all of my knowledge of music in both Western and the classical music of North and South India tells me: that the sound of one note is so much more important than any melody or harmony. A polyphonic synth is contrary to that wisdom and that is why I try to advise against it, but obviously it has its place, and if Moog can profit and make people happy with a new polyphonic synthesizer, so be it. I'm done, this is my last post, I just hope people will at least consider my opinion.

Electrong

Post by Electrong » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:03 am

You obviously haven't met Bob Moog, so you don't know what you're talking about as to his intentions with the Moog synth, but some of those points are valid.

Now if you could relate these points without all the negativity, then people wouldn't be calling for your being banned.

Personally I don't have a problem with trolling, I think that will happen as there are personality types out there who simply can't keep from trying to get a reaction from their comments. It's like an idiot child who likes to tease the cat, or something. Still, Spam is an insult to me, because they're trying to use the membership solely for personal gain.

So the solution indeed seems to be an ignore button. I don't know how easy that would be to put this into this forum software. I haven't noticed any upgrades to this forum software over the past few years I've been a member.

I think this forum is of value to the synth community, but I'm not sure how much value it is to Moog Music. I don't know how much extra time they want to spend on moderating and such. I could understand why they would not want a non-employee involved in the moderation process, though. I think that would take away any transparency in the forum: People being people, it would be difficult if not impossible for a moderator to be able to keep from slanting the moderating process in a personal way.

As to whether some great Synth guru not employed by Moog Music is threatening to leave the forum in a huff, well, maybe said guru could start his/her own forum and make it the way he/she wants it. I will need to accede to the owners, Moog music, and simply state that the moderator(s) have done a great job in my opinion. This has been a great resource, and an enjoyable forum. I'm sure it could be better, but I'm not of the opinion that tighter constraints on forum members would be the answer.

But spammers need to be removed promptly.

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:23 am

secretcervix wrote:. I'm done, this is my last post, I just hope people will at least consider my opinion.
good luck !
thanks for the sharing

(signature read on dutch synthforum: "don't argue with idiots. they'll bring you down to their level and beat you there".)

The Analog Organist

Post by The Analog Organist » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:49 am

I've been off the Moog forum for a few days now because I got sick of the Birth Canal pervert. He's hijacked a number of decent discussions, to dwell primarily on himself and his sexual exhibitionism. If he returns after another phony departure, I'll just leave this forum once and for all. I don't need to read the base reflections of a filthy mind. I've got no stomach for a guy with his thoughts in his pants...and I do mean his OWN pants. He's obviously infatuated with his private parts, which is perhaps the root of his infatuation with monophonic music, although he hides behind the high brow Indian music explanation. Apparently, he's never quite appreciated the wisdom and naturalness of the male-female connector design. Gee, put this there and...it works! Kinda makes you want to reflect on other things too.

When we object to his manners, he cries, "Victim! I'm a victim! You're all xenophobic hate mongers!" I'm surprised he hasn't unleashed the ACLU on us all, since that's the organization to which his type runs a-whimpering if they're not accepted by others. You know, sue your way into peoples' hearts.

He preaches to us about the evils of "materialism" and "capitalism," while he struts his own sick proclivities. Ever hear of taking the beam out of your own eye first?

If Mr. Birth-Canal-turned-Secret-Cervix returns, I'll have myself removed from the memberlist. I'm not interetested in reading any more about his sexual preferences. If Moog or the forum moderator doesn't have the stones to permanently remove pedophiles and other perverts from this forum, then they can keep such special company all to themselves. I'd be happy to spend more time on other forums, where music and musical instruments are the topics, rather than some stranger's genitalia.
Last edited by The Analog Organist on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:37 am

It is to our benefit that this forum exists because not only is it a great resource to us (the users, artists, synthsists, etc) but it is one of the truly rare instances of openly interactive (yet informal) customer service centers for a company we hold dearly.

I will not leave due to spammers or trolls (cause where are you going to go thats perfect) or for any other reason unless Moog decides that they want me out or if time doesn't permit me to post here.

I appreciate very much the people who contribute here, I have learned and continue to learn a great deal about subject matter that fascinates me and I hope that noone will up and leave. In return, I tryto give back to others what I have gained here.

Take into consideration that this happens on generally all forums, and that more moderation isn't necessarily the solution. People take internet free speech very seriously and won't flock to a community where people feel like they can't express themselves. Granted this isn't a community solely for gathering purposes, but those principles apply here.

I want this forum to stay open so we can have this avenue to share our ideas and concerns for Moog's products because they can very well decide that this forum has lost its purpose and can just as easily stop hosting it.

Respectfully,
Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

The Analog Organist

Post by The Analog Organist » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:59 am

I, too, appreciate the contributions of others to this forum. I've learned a lot in the year or so I've been reading and posting here. But...I ain't DESPERATE for this sort of on-line interaction. I could easily live without it, since it's more of a pleasure or luxury than an actual need.

So, if reading these posts requires regularly sifting through rubbish - such as our friend provides - then I would think twice about continuing. In fact, consulting a forum such as this is an attempt on my part to AVOID such rubbish, as I've found elsewhere. This forum seemed to be a cut above others. Yet, it takes only one vandal to ruin it for many.

Nor do I want to hear about someone's "life style," or be instructed on the wonderful virtue of "tolerance." Thanks, but I can get the politically correct lessons from the media and the White House, where they flow like endless torrents of waste. For me on this forum, it's music and synthesizers, or else forget it.
Last edited by The Analog Organist on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:00 am

Is everything OK now, folks?

Personally I thought the polyphony = capitalist oppression discussion was pretty interesting. But I'd rather talk synth philosophy directly, as opposed to political philosophy with synths thrown in.

Cheers,

Amos

The Analog Organist

Post by The Analog Organist » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:02 am

Except that he couldn't elaborate or explain himself, and came off merely as a snob looking down on western music. People didn't jump on him for no reason at all. And if you look at his other postings, he directly contradicts his own views, as if he's merely trying to start arguments. In fact, I tried to engage him in the Indian music discussion - both on the forum and privately - but he could only keep repeating himself and feeling overwhelmingly sorry for himself that others couldn't understand him. We understood him just fine. Nor would he respond to my points. It was just a waste of time. And as for the origin of his very personal monophonic infatuation - I hold to my interpretation.

The question is: what will be his next disguise? Is there no end to this?
Last edited by The Analog Organist on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.