If Moog would only make 1 new product line...

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.

Which device would you actually BUY?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:24 pm

CP251 format effects/modules
23%
MoogerFoogers in rack format
9%
Rack mount Taurus
9%
Poly Synth keyboard
36%
Poly synth rack
9%
Other. (Post your thought)
14%

Total votes: 22

Just Me

If Moog would only make 1 new product line...

Post by Just Me » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:24 pm

...which one would you rather PAY for?

CP251 format effects/modules
Foogers in Rack format with CV jacks on the front
Rack mount Taurus
Poly synth keyboard
Poly synth rack

My choice is MoogerFoogers in a rack format. (I REALLY like the convenience of my new Kawanatron. It has both front jacked Foogers on the top row and then standard Foogers in the Moog tray on the bottom. The front jacked stuff is the cats fancy.)
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:22 pm

I'd love a polysynth keyboard, but could go for just a rack version too.

I'd also like to see a Dark Energy style tabletop synth but with 1/4'' jacks instead and the Moog sound, but I couild only vote for one thing ;)

Analog!

Post by Analog! » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 pm

I voted for a polysynth keyboard because the Voyager has exceeded all my expectations. I can only imagine that a polysynth from Moog will have an equal effect on me. I think the world really needs a new polysynth from Moog and I am really hoping that becomes a reality in the near future!! :D
Voyager Old School

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:13 pm

I voted OTHER because its just a matter of time before they release a new Fooger, be it in Fooger or CP251 style, and if it suits my needs, Ill buy them.

I Also would love to own a Moog Polysynth KEYBOARD. I don't expect them to release a new product without a manual without releasing a keyboard version first.

I would have bought a T3 rack if they offered that at the beginning, but since I am awaiting my pedals I woudn't buy one.

So, OTHER because I couldn't narrow it down to just ONE.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:30 pm

I am just assuming that if they release a Poly Moog, it will come in order of a Keyboard first, and a Rack later.

Personally I would love a keyboard, but, considering how much more expensive it would be than a rack, and how little space I have in my apartment, I would probably wait for the Rack version and but that.

(I'm actually saving for this now. Call me crazy, but I consider this a inevitable move for Moog in the future.)

I love the idea of a Moogerfooger rack unit though... Would be great to have some kind of rack unit that combines the features of various foogers.. sort of like a all in one Moog effects rack... that'd be lovely :D
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

eXode

Post by eXode » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:59 am

Other:

I know it's pretty farfetched and highly unlikely but I'd love to see modular modules. Take the moogerfoogers and convert to the moog 5U format as a start, compatible with DotCom and similar. Then it would be pretty awesome to have one oscillator from the LP or the Voyager as a module as well.

FlametopFred

Make mine extra crispy

Post by FlametopFred » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:17 pm

I think the Memorymoog never got a fair shake.

Mine crashed all the time simply because of too much (hot) ciruitry in too small a casing.

A new Memorymoog, please.
Best. Synthesizer. Ever.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:45 pm

I voted cp-style foogers, but i want a moog poly kb and rack version too. :)
www.ctrlshft.com

Just Me

Re: Make mine extra crispy

Post by Just Me » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:06 pm

FlametopFred wrote:I think the Memorymoog never got a fair shake.

Mine crashed all the time simply because of too much (hot) ciruitry in too small a casing.

A new Memorymoog, please.
Best. Synthesizer. Ever.
Mine never crashed and it even stayed pretty much in tune. (Autotune worked well when it did.) It was just any bump or move and the pots would go into edit and screw up the sound. I used to HATE that red LED coming on!
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:21 pm

anoteoftruth wrote:I am just assuming that if they release a Poly Moog, it will come in order of a Keyboard first, and a Rack later.

Personally I would love a keyboard, but, considering how much more expensive it would be than a rack, and how little space I have in my apartment, I would probably wait for the Rack version and but that.

(I'm actually saving for this now. Call me crazy, but I consider this a inevitable move for Moog in the future.)

I love the idea of a Moogerfooger rack unit though... Would be great to have some kind of rack unit that combines the features of various foogers.. sort of like a all in one Moog effects rack... that'd be lovely :D
With any luck maybe they'll consider this and release the KB and rack at the same time. I think the RME came out a lot later because the Voyager was still pretty new and the analog market was just starting to creep back into the limelight.

I think Moog has a little more steam now and could better justify putting out both close together, as they know already that RME versions sell.
www.ctrlshft.com

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:39 pm

CTRLSHFT wrote: I think Moog has a little more steam now and could better justify putting out both close together, as they know already that RME versions sell.
I hope so for my sake! I'd love to see a Poly RME at the same time as launch for a poly keyboard. For me it comes down to 2 simple facts... RME's are more attainable for me within my budget, and are exactly what I need to save space in my apartment, since I have very little of it. My LP is my controller for all my keyboard needs.. I got a axiom 49 but honestly it just sits there since I got my LP... so Rack modules all the way.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:47 pm

anoteoftruth wrote:
CTRLSHFT wrote: I think Moog has a little more steam now and could better justify putting out both close together, as they know already that RME versions sell.
I hope so for my sake! I'd love to see a Poly RME at the same time as launch for a poly keyboard. For me it comes down to 2 simple facts... RME's are more attainable for me within my budget, and are exactly what I need to save space in my apartment, since I have very little of it. My LP is my controller for all my keyboard needs.. I got a axiom 49 but honestly it just sits there since I got my LP... so Rack modules all the way.
I'm in the camp of wanting a master KB and lots of modules. I have a Moog LP, DSI Tetra, and soon a Tom Oberheim SEM. ONE KB to RULE THEM ALL. :)

*Incidentally if they made a new memorymoog i would probably sell the LP for it. :p
www.ctrlshft.com