Moog Rogue User Manual - Herb Deutsch

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
mab10

Moog Rogue User Manual - Herb Deutsch

Post by mab10 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:33 am

Can any one help?

I'm looking for a pdf of the user manual originally supplied with the Moog Rogue and written by Herb Deutsch. I have searched the web but I'm only able to find the technical manual listing replacement parts to use when servicing the Rogue.

Any help at all would be greatly apprciated.

Mark.

moledog

Post by moledog » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:58 am

I'd like a copy too......

:D

cloudhop

Post by cloudhop » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:37 pm

Ive got the schematics..any use?

Niko

Post by Niko » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:45 pm

I gave my original Rogue manual to Juergen (he played the MultiMoog) to read it for curiosity, approximately 20 years ago. He moved then to an unknown location but obviously together with my Rogue manual. So I also would like to have it back (or as PDF at least).
Was Juergen a time traveller, knowing 20 years ago that this manual becomes a collectable item in our present time?
Does anybody knows Juergens new spatial coordinates in our current time?
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered" - No. 6

Where is the tutti button on this instrument? ...

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:16 pm

Odd how the service notes are readily available on the internet but the user manual isn't. Were there any patch sheets in there - I always had to hand draw my own.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

CZ Rider

Post by CZ Rider » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:40 pm

I have the original manual that was sold to me back in the day(1983-84?) as a Taurus III. Was a full Rogue and Taurus II Controller combo, it came from Cintoli Music an authorized Moog/Norlin distributer.
The manual is three parts. Part one a brief description of the controls on the Rogue. Part two was a collection of 19 patch settings. And part three was a description of what a synthesizer is.
The patch settings are how I learned the Minimoog back in '73. I'm surprised that we don't see more of this today, as it is a really good way to learn your synthesizer.
I can post the blank patch sheet and 19 settings.
Rogue patch sheet hi-rez
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:43 pm

Thanks for that - the blank panel is particularly useful.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

agentsmith609

Re: Moog Rogue User Manual - Herb Deutsch

Post by agentsmith609 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:06 pm

I designed one of these in illustrator at home, if you guys want I can post it tomorrow.
MOOG The Rogue, MOOG Opus 3, My Macs and VSTs

Niko

Post by Niko » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:09 am

just an update on this issue. I've found today a Rogue Manual from Herb Deutsch! But in a very (very very) bad condition. It was in the original Rogue carton but this was obviously stored in a very wet basement and was lost for many years. The manual shows black (hopefully dead) mould-infested patterns and the pages are sticked together. I now try to put it in a water basin and hope this may help to seperate the pages.
I'll keep you in touch with my archaeological activities herewith...
Any further tips or recommendations are very welcome.
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered" - No. 6

scimmiamk

Post by scimmiamk » Wed May 05, 2010 10:07 am

Hope you'll be able to fiix and scan it
it would really be very useful :D

clintrubber

Post by clintrubber » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:55 pm

Hello,

Just curious, any news on a scanned version perhaps ? Lesser quality no problem, would be nice to browse this document.

Thanks!

clintrubber

Post by clintrubber » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:03 pm

As an alternative I've been searching for a Taurus II User Manual but for some reason I don't manage to find one for that model either. Any links ?

Thanks!

Niko

Post by Niko » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:51 am

well, the status so far is that I now have a kind of a paper block consisting of several Rogue manual pages, sticked together by a kind of modified starch effect or so (I'm not a chemist). This is the result of a try I did to separate the glued pages by putting the manual into a bucket full of water, hoping that the pages may gets separated during the contact with water. The paper material now is completey dry but again no separate page at all. I'll have contact to a conservator in a museum. Maybe he can give me some advise or will recommend a closer look with an infrared camera (the longer wavelengths above around 1000nm may penetrate the upper layer surfaces) or maybe to use the X-ray cabinet in our company to look inside (could be difficult due to the very low contrast of the paper against short wave X-ray light).
I'm not giving up yet and I'll keep you updated with the Rogue Manual research project.

clintrubber

Post by clintrubber » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:11 am

Hello Niko,

Thanks for the response & update. Oo, oops, this has become almost a project of it's own :roll:
I sense a healthy dedication here, and the desire to get it done just for the sake of it
& learning stuff along the way (please correct me if I'm wrong!)

I guess there'll be more Rogue (or Taurus II) manuals out there, perhaps somebody else
has a readily accessible copy & a scanner ?

Not having a Rogue yet I already learned various things about its operation by going
through the (available & complete) manual of the Realistic MG-1. Please let me know if you want me to post a link.

Best regards,

Peter

Niko

Post by Niko » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:36 am

Hi Peter,

thanks a lot for your motivations. As long as I have the manual - although only in a form of not well oriented atoms and molecules - I'm searching for a way to encode it.
And yes, I'm very interested in a link to the Realistic MG-1. If possible please send it. Thank you.

All the best:

Niko