Minimoog Sound Chart

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
thewaag

Minimoog Sound Chart

Post by thewaag » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:17 pm

I just picked up a Minimoog Sound Chart onEbay. I have been looking for one of these for about 15 years, after I finally bought a pristine Minimoog. This thing dates from 1977, and is written by Tom Rhea, who, if I remember correctly, is the same guy who wrote the Mini Manual.

When I started looking at the patches in the book, I noticed that by the first Keith Emerson patch (Aquatarkus) that there was a Keith Emerson signature. Is it authentic? Who knows. I looked up his autograph on the internet and the sample there was definitely done in haste, while the one in my book is done very carefully. Some similar elements, but hard to tell. I know an autograph expert that can help me determine it's authenticity, but....

Another possibility is that this autograph was printed on the page, much like Tom Rhea's signature on the front of the book. It is very hard to tell, even through a magnifying loop. You would think that if they had Keith's autograph in the original printing, that they would have gotten Rick Wakeman's autograph by his patch.

Anyway, does anyone have this book? If so, does it have a Keith Emerson autograph at the bottom of page 14?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help on this!

vorlon42

Re: Minimoog Sound Chart

Post by vorlon42 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:15 am

thewaag wrote:I just picked up a Minimoog Sound Chart onEbay.....

Another possibility is that this autograph was printed on the page, much like Tom Rhea's signature on the front of the book. It is very hard to tell, even through a magnifying loop. You would think that if they had Keith's autograph in the original printing, that they would have gotten Rick Wakeman's autograph by his patch.

Anyway, does anyone have this book? If so, does it have a Keith Emerson autograph at the bottom of page 14?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help on this!
I'm thumbing through my copy right now and mine has it too. It looks like the signature was printed on. Keith may have signed the original sound chart, with the handwritten numbers substituted by printed ones.

There were 4 of 5 Emerson patches, compared to the one of Wakeman's. Perhaps Rick didn't think to sign his.

Tip: Keep page 32 blank so you can photocopy it for your own sound charts.
[i]"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." --Elbert Hubbard[/i]

thewaag

Moog sound charts

Post by thewaag » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:51 am

Thanks for taking the time to look for me, vorlon. Oh well! No authentic Keith Emerson autograph. At least I will have fun with the patch book.

monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi folks,

I wondered if anyone had a BLANK sound-chart sheet for a 'MiniMoog Model D' which can be filled in by the owner (ie to document his/her own settings). So just all the Dials, Switches and all that with a space to write in any appropriate values.

Taking this a step further, has anyone created their OWN one (ie a copy of the default diagram) which has been created in (and can therefore be opened in) the likes of Microsoft Excel, Snag-It, Open Source or other graph manipulating software (not even sure if the two aforementioned would be able to perform these tasks, but I am sure you know what I mean here)? It would be very nice to have a DIGITAL copy of the MiniMoog chart and to be able to document ones preferences using PC typed text (rather than handwritten)!

Thanks in advance for any relevant pointers . . .

Best,

Paul David Seaman
Moog Subsequent 25 / MiniMoog Model D / Cubase 9 / Sibelius 8.6

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:20 pm

Hello Paul,

Here's a link that you might like. Simply print as many copies as your require. That's what I use.

Alain.

http://www.retrosound.de/minimoog_patch_sheet.jpg
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:12 am

Thank you my Alien friend!

Did you create that one yourself mate? If so, then which SOFTWARE did you use to create the document? Do you print the sheets off and mark in your setting by hand (ie PEN), or by using SOFTWARE to perform this task?

I also need one for a MultiMoog if you have one already please?

Many thanks,

Paul

c7sus

Post by c7sus » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:29 am

Voyager EB #165, T3 #292, MF-101, 102, 103, 104SD, 2x104MSD, 105M, 107, 108M, MP-201, VX-351, CP-251, Frostwave Fat Controller.

monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:46 am

Hi C7,
Oh ok. so it was obtained from page 28 in the Patch Book! Thanks.

I see this is the book that the OP refers to (ie it has the AQUATARKUS patch in).

Best,

Paul

SaussDigit

Post by SaussDigit » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:56 pm

monsterjazzlicks wrote:
I see this is the book that the OP refers to (ie it has the AQUATARKUS patch in).
Yes it is the Aquatarkus repeating pattern patch. The actual duck lead is much more difficult to program.

S.D.

monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Cheers SD,

Do you happen to have a BLANK SoundSheet for the MULTIMOOG please (or the equivalent PDF booklet as the MiniMoog one mentioned earlier)?

Thanks a lot man,

Paul

SaussDigit

Post by SaussDigit » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:12 pm

monsterjazzlicks wrote:Cheers SD,

Do you happen to have a BLANK SoundSheet for the MULTIMOOG please (or the equivalent PDF booklet as the MiniMoog one mentioned earlier)?

Thanks a lot man,

Paul
Owner's manual has one. Just google "MULTIMOOG manual".

S.D.

monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Hi SD,

It's within the first few pages of the manual:
M_M_Patch
M_M_Patch
I would still be very interested to hear/learn what software any owners might use to create their own DIGITAL documents from scratch please?

Ta,

Paul

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:49 pm

I use a purely analog computer, full of bugs: my brain...along with it's "digital" storage system: paper patch sheets written by hand (with 5 digits, or fingers)... :mrgreen: :lol:

If you want a "patch Minimoog" you could always get a Voyager ? :twisted:

Anyway, I don't have more than about 5 or 6 such patch sheets, and use them as a base to start with and tweak from there, to save time on "hard to remember" patches (those critical ones with precise tweaking like FM and such).

I'm not aware of any non-programmable analog synth patch memory computer software...sorry.
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:36 pm

Hi Alien,
thealien666 wrote:Anyway, I don't have more than about 5 or 6 such patch sheets, and use them as a base to start with and tweak from there, to save time on "hard to remember" patches (those critical ones with precise tweaking like FM and such).

I'm not aware of any non-programmable analog synth patch memory computer software...sorry.
Yes, the Patch-Sheets are excellent for documenting your parameter settings, date of creation, name of creator, etc...

I maybe explained myself wrong (sorry) Alien, I mean that I am looking for a GRAPHIC type software to enable me to create my own data-sheets (instead of using the PDF versions in the back of the MultiMoog and MiniMoog manuals). So nothing to do with actually saving synth-patches on a PC or similar. But rather something like (say) ADOBE (if they make one) to enable me to COPY the Mini/Multi-Moogs data sheets, and then allow me to TYPE in my parameter values/settings (for each patch) on the PC (rather than by hand).

Hope that makes sbetter sense now matey! :shock:

Best,

Paul
Last edited by monsterjazzlicks on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revtor

Post by Revtor » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:00 pm

You could use WORD
You could use EXCEL
You could Use PHOTOSHOP
You could use COREL DRAW
on and
on and
on and

BUT!!! Are you going to fire up your computer or open the file you need to save your patches in the moment? Sounds like a drag to me.

IMHO, the analog way may be best: Get a good factory Patch sheet file, go to Staples and get it double side printed x100 and get it bound. $10. Buy a few pens while you're there. $15 max. Keep it right by the synth. You've got years of patches all in one book, ready to go.

If I had to use a software for this it would be Excel. Easy to sort and file multiple sheets within a single document.

~Steve