Mike Bucki gone?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Mitchell Chastain

Re: Mike Bucki gone?

Post by Mitchell Chastain » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:45 pm

Wavezero, just wondering if you ever got your order from Mike. He finally called me about 3 months ago and left a message on my cell that he was ready to send my pedals back. I returned his call and left messages for him to call me back but never heard from him again. Now I have left him at least 10 messages with no response. Its just so weird. Going on 2 years now.

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:28 am

Everytime I see this thread pop up, I want to start mourning.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

MC

Post by MC » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:59 pm

News from AH - Mike Bucki is back in business
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Mitchell Chastain

Post by Mitchell Chastain » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:04 pm

The number is good, but he doesn't answer it or return calls. Been trying for 3 months.

bollinote

Post by bollinote » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:51 pm

Hello:
Has he an new email ? ¿ has somebody get news about orders?
I still have the hope that I will get finally get mine (moog modular low pass filter + modular manual).
Bollinote

Wavezero

Post by Wavezero » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:40 am

Hello,

yesterday i sent Mike a message on his new email adress.
i said i wanted him to send me my order and give me specific detail about when this was going to happen and that this was his last chance.
but the email i sent failed, so his adress is invalid again.
i guess i have no options left, so i have to call my lawyer.
i just hope this will work....

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:36 am

Mitchell Chastain

Post by Mitchell Chastain » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:57 am

Out of the blue this morning I decided to send Mike another email begging for my taurus pedals back. Once again I ask if he'd please consider sending them cod and I'd send a postal money order as he requested. There is no way I'm just going to send more money without something in return..... working on 3 years now....... I'll post his response for others who are interested.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:06 am

I can't believe noone had nothing to say about his facebok profile being available. He hasn't added me yet though.

I talked to AW and he said that everytime he goes to Mike's shop Mike always has a board on the bench, and everytime he mentions this subject Mike rattles off a list of names of people who either won't pick up their goods or won't pay for repairs.

In this instance though,I WOULD NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH MIKE BUCKI/MODUSONICS AGAIN DUE TO THE NATURE OF COMPLAINTS LODGED AGAINST HIM AND HIS FAILURE TO RECTIFY THEM.

EDIT: FOR CLARIFICATION
Last edited by EricK on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mitchell Chastain

Post by Mitchell Chastain » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:01 pm

I know. He's always been nice the times we've spoken on the phone. Under the circumstances it's looks like he would understand my reluctance to send more money. For months and months after I sent the last payment he completely disappeared... of course anyone interested enough in this thread to read it already knows that. Man, what to do...... cod is the logical answer to me.. everybody is protected.

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:43 pm

Sounds like an opportunnity for an entreprenuer in Bucki's area. Act as a clearing house to get the stuff out and shipped and do it for a small brokerage fee.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Mitchell Chastain

Post by Mitchell Chastain » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:33 am

Just an update... I never got a response from my last email to Mike......

LivePsy

Post by LivePsy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:26 pm

Haven't we all realised by now that he is a con artist? Sorry but you guys are way too apologising for Mike Bucki's behaviour. He has something which is yours. I consider that to be theft.
I've stopped talking now.

MC

Post by MC » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:07 am

I think it is high time that you guys understand what could be happening.

What is known is that Bucki is going through a divorce.

What is not known is what access he has to his shop, his tools, his customers' instruments.

Mike Bucki is in New York. Do you know what your SO can do to you in NY during a divorce? No?

Let me fill you in, because *I* have suffered a divorce in NY.

My SO changed the locks on my house and refused to give me a key. I had to sleep elsewhere - in my car, on my friend's sofa, everywhere but my own bed in my own house.

In the end she had zero reason to lock me out of the house. No evidence of domestic abuse, nothing. The judge saw through the BS and ruled her action as cruel an inhuman treatment.

But it took FOUR YEARS to drag that broad before the judge. Four years I was on the street. She used every legal delaying tactic to drag out the divorce process and stretch out her free meal ticket entitlements. Four years before I could get back into that house. And according to NYS law, I was obligated to continue paying her free meal ticket, her health insurance, the mortgage, and all utilities until the divorce was done.

Four lousy years I didn't have a place of my own and I still had to pay her free living expenses. Could not get to my tools, my books, my clothes, my mail, my phone messages - nothing. She withheld my mail and my phone messages from me. And there wasn't a law in NYS that would get me access to that house, my lawyer's hands were tied.

And she even stole a credit card application addressed to me, filled in my personal information, and opened a $13,000 credit card in my name, with her as authorized user. Without my consent, and almost without my knowledge. Guess who had to pay for that credit card...?

Bucki COULD be going through the same thing as we both are in NYS. His SO may have changed the locks and locked him out of his shop, his access to the phone, his customers' instruments. She could be having a field day with his credit cards and he has to pay it all in the end. We don't know that, but that is a strong possibility.

NYS has some of the worse domestic laws in the country. A spouse can lock you out of the house for no reason - and you cannot do a thing about it until a divorce decree is granted. You're on the street and you have to continue paying her living expenses. If she abuses the credit cards, he is obligated to the debt. My divorce was granted back in 2004 but I am still healing scars from that catastrophe. It is pretty damaging when the woman you vowed to love and spend your life with can betray you like that.

The real con artist may not be Bucki - it may be his spouse. Is this any way NOT clear what Mike Bucki could be going through...?
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:57 am

MC wrote:I think it is high time that you guys understand what could be happening.

What is known is that Bucki is going through a divorce.

What is not known is what access he has to his shop, his tools, his customers' instruments.

Mike Bucki is in New York. Do you know what your SO can do to you in NY during a divorce? No?

Let me fill you in, because *I* have suffered a divorce in NY.

My SO changed the locks on my house and refused to give me a key. I had to sleep elsewhere - in my car, on my friend's sofa, everywhere but my own bed in my own house.

In the end she had zero reason to lock me out of the house. No evidence of domestic abuse, nothing. The judge saw through the BS and ruled her action as cruel an inhuman treatment.

But it took FOUR YEARS to drag that broad before the judge. Four years I was on the street. She used every legal delaying tactic to drag out the divorce process and stretch out her free meal ticket entitlements. Four years before I could get back into that house. And according to NYS law, I was obligated to continue paying her free meal ticket, her health insurance, the mortgage, and all utilities until the divorce was done.

Four lousy years I didn't have a place of my own and I still had to pay her free living expenses. Could not get to my tools, my books, my clothes, my mail, my phone messages - nothing. She withheld my mail and my phone messages from me. And there wasn't a law in NYS that would get me access to that house, my lawyer's hands were tied.

And she even stole a credit card application addressed to me, filled in my personal information, and opened a $13,000 credit card in my name, with her as authorized user. Without my consent, and almost without my knowledge. Guess who had to pay for that credit card...?

Bucki COULD be going through the same thing as we both are in NYS. His SO may have changed the locks and locked him out of his shop, his access to the phone, his customers' instruments. She could be having a field day with his credit cards and he has to pay it all in the end. We don't know that, but that is a strong possibility.

NYS has some of the worse domestic laws in the country. A spouse can lock you out of the house for no reason - and you cannot do a thing about it until a divorce decree is granted. You're on the street and you have to continue paying her living expenses. If she abuses the credit cards, he is obligated to the debt. My divorce was granted back in 2004 but I am still healing scars from that catastrophe. It is pretty damaging when the woman you vowed to love and spend your life with can betray you like that.

The real con artist may not be Bucki - it may be his spouse. Is this any way NOT clear what Mike Bucki could be going through...?
All good and well...BUT:

I'm not here to bash the guy. He's done work for me in the past, and I've had many pleasant phone conversations with him. I've known he was having marital problems three years ago because he told me. I have to think that whatever happens to him personally, he still needs to have a means of supporting himself, even if that means that he gives his ex 50% or more of what he takes in.

My point is that his silence is damning. No matter what kind of emotional trauma he's experiencing, why not post a "Having troubles--not accepting work" message on his website. Can't pay for your site? Facebook is free. If he's a professional, if he plans on resurrecting Modusonics sometime in the future, this is damage control. His wife's lawyer can't go after that. When you accept repair or custom manufacturing work, you are entering into a legal contract with your client. I believe he's had Mitchell C's Taurus for several years now and hasn't returned it in spite of being paid in full. If true, that's theft, and it carries some unfortunate penalties. He may be trying to separate himself from any assets his wife is trying to get.

He may try to wait things out. He may just walk away. Who knows? But I think Mike's ship has sailed--he's pretty much killed any chance for a comeback, and he's done it to himself. I'd like nothing more than to be able to do business with him again (I have several pieces that could use his expertise), but not now--and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. How's this for a customer testimonial: "Mike did work for me and I'm lucky--I got my stuff back!"