Mike Bucki gone?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:06 am

Thats what I thought. Its just people get paranoid that one of the last great synth geniuses drops off the grid for a few weeks.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:13 am

revmutt wrote:Mike is fine I spoke to him yesterday. He may actually finally update that site but he's just not too into the web thing.
Thank you for the update...those who have hundreds invested in his products thank you, too. :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:14 am

revmutt wrote:Mike is fine I spoke to him yesterday. He may actually finally update that site but he's just not too into the web thing.
The people who have paid and cannot contact him thank you for the update. :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:46 pm

Mind giving me an email or phone #? I'd like to send him my 956, but the email and phone he has listed on my previous invoices are NG.

A PM would be appreciated.

Thanks!

danhera75

Post by danhera75 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:47 am

Do Not! and I repeat, Do not! send anything to Mike Bucki for repair or purchase anything from him. There is no doubt he knows his stuff but he should not be offering repair work or to sell items in his current state.

I purchased a Minimoog form him last year and it took almost a year to finally get it from him. Throughout this time, he kept telling me that it needed this and needed that and the original price went up over $700. Also throughout this time I would never get responses from him via email or phone. When I did hear from him it was one excuse after another and when I finally got the mini, the keyboard had several bad springs and the trim pots he charged me extra for were not installed. I brought this to his attention and he could not recall what trimpots he put in it and told me to send the keyboard only back. I did this after getting a guarantee that it would be fixed and sent back within the month. Shame on me for trusting his word as it took two months and the keyboard was not fixed and he charged me $150. or he said he would not send it back. Luckily I paid him with paypal and reported him and his account was shut down (he still owes me the $150).

Please check with his local Better Business Borough as well as paypal and you will see he is not to be trusted. There are also several other similar stories about his recent shady business practices on the web if you just search his name.

So please do yourself a favor and save yourself the headaches by not doing business with him.

-J

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:25 am

danhera75 wrote:Do Not! and I repeat, Do not! send anything to Mike Bucki for repair or purchase anything from him. There is no doubt he knows his stuff but he should not be offering repair work or to sell items in his current state.
Sorry about your troubles, danhera...
I'm also aware of the "current state". Apparently, it's still a major issue--too bad.
The problem is that there is now one less resource for vintage synth repair/restoration.

eric coleridge

Post by eric coleridge » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:24 am

I like the fact that there is an original Moog engineer still out there selling custom made Moog Modulars for a fair and reasonable price. If I could afford to buy commissioned Moog 900 modules, from the one person in the world who makes them, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if I had to wait 6 months, a year, or even longer for delivery.

Nothing I've read here strikes me as even remotely worthy of calling the better business bureau, the nypd (as if they'd give a crap), or even shutting down someone's pay-pal account. I think sometimes people could be a little more charitable and patient. Isn't it unreasonable to expect that this kind of custom work/repair is going to be done squarely on schedule, 100% on budget, or always 100% without problems?

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:57 am

Eric,

Now I had a similar issue with Mike when I got my 921a. I ordered it in like March and got it in October. When I had my card ready he said it would ship in a week. I have a timeline on my computer and I eventually said to myself "Im going to give him until October 1st or Im demanding mymoney back.

Now I did get scared, and I did start to get a bit rude because that was almost 500 dollars and I knew that I gambled by taking an internet risk. I even called the police to get advice, and you are right, they don't give a crap.

But, when I finally called him to demand my money back, I did leave a voice message telling him that and I called him the next day...He told me that he sent it. I got it. But not once did he lose his cool and seem irritated. Not once did he sound like he was anything but a nice guy. I found that to be very professional and I told him so.

I would NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH HIM AGAIN DUE TO THE NATURE OF NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS LODGED AGAINST HIM AND HIS FAILURE TO RECTIFY THEM AFTER SEVERAL YEARS.

But I can't really blame people for thinking they way they do about his practices. I am starting to believe that this could very well be the nature of the beast that is a synth tech.

Eric
Last edited by EricK on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samaepstein

Post by samaepstein » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:08 pm

EricK wrote:Eric,

I am starting to believe that this could very well be the nature of the beast that is a synth tech.

Eric
agreed

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:34 pm

Perhaps someone who is in touch with Mike might suggest to him that it might be to his advantage if he were to just post a message on the forum letting people know how he's doing, and what they can expect from him going forward.

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:03 pm

He didn't even maintain his own website, lolol.

MC

Post by MC » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:30 pm

I didn't know the luddites had email
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

electrojoe

Post by electrojoe » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:27 am

Maybe you haven't found the right synth tech yet.

GD

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:10 am

Thats true, I realize that that statement wasn't entirely fair without further explanation.

Were talking about stuff that is for the most part handcrafted with a precision that takes many years of study to be great at or to perform intuitively.

Most people who devote themselves to such endeavors and can perform on that type of level can exhibit some eccentricities.

This is technology that was in its heyday probably a generation ago, and with most modern circuitry for appliances being designed to be thrown away rather than maintained, the skill that goes into the restoration of these old synth gems is in the experience of fewer and fewer people.

This being the case, the demand for their skills is increasing as the old synths get older, and as the analogue synths experience resurgances, more and more people seek the services of the few. So delays can be expected. As can techs with health problems, or nearing retirement focus on other things, the types of experiences in previous posts on this thread become what I theorize to be the nature of the beast with synth techs.

No disrespect intended for synth techs, just an observation.

ric

lizgoode206

Post by lizgoode206 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:31 am

Chill people, maybe the guy is having a break or a good vacation perhaps. Kidding aside I agree that there should be a
grace period before any expiration but that is how they run their business, good thing that there are others who offer the same
service.
[url=http://www.MarkWarner2008.com]Geek Stuff[/url]