Interesting Moog Modular vsti experience

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
cageswood

Interesting Moog Modular vsti experience

Post by cageswood » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:05 am

Hi,i created a patch of a female breathing,using white noise with a touch of resonance and a slow amplitude modulation at the rate of a slow breath exhalation with a delay,and getting the right pitch with the speed of the delay resulted in a breath inhalation/exhalation.I had no way to record it or save it at the time,but i promise you it was a"breathtaking" experience...amazing !!It's was an interesting effect that's pretty creepy to hear an instrument take on a life.Cheers

mgrfgrmadness

Post by mgrfgrmadness » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:56 am

must. hear. sound. :shock:

psyhead

Post by psyhead » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:36 am

cool!...I wish the voyager offered pure white and pink noise with the capability to mix between the two....

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:02 pm

I would love to hear the sound. I find that when working with analogue or even emulations, many great sounds are created from just the right settings. Analogue begs for experimentation and discovery which is what I love about it.

cageswood

Post by cageswood » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:27 am

The best simulation on a Voyager,would just use a simple noise patch and use the filter to your own preference and a really slow LFO for the ampitude,and use a mono delay to get the slow doubling up effect.On the modular vsti the filter freq was an important part of getting the right tonality,but experiment with that combination of setup on any analog synth and you'll be in that area.