Who Can Navigate the Damn Moogmusic Website ?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Elhardt

Who Can Navigate the Damn Moogmusic Website ?

Post by Elhardt » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:00 am

I can't seem to go 5 continuous minutes in my life without encountering some form of human lack of logic, sloppiness, carelessness, or stupidity, and I'm getting fed up with it wasting my life away. After sitting here for several minutes looking at every square inch of Moog's home page ( http://www.moogmusic.com/ ) trying to figure out how to get to the Moogerfooger Ring Modulator to look something up, I finally give up. If anybody cares to give it a shot and can succeed, please list the mysterious chain of events and button presses which actually takes you off of their homepage toward the goal of getting closer to and finally arriving at the Ring Mod page.

And here's another challenge. Assume you didn't know there was a Moog forum and you went to the Moogmusic website to find out if there was one. I'd be interested if that is also possible. Something I also failed at in the past.

NOTE: I just went back and found out that the link to this moog forum is under the menu "Dealer Locator". Of course. That makes sense. You want to know if there is a forum, so you look up moog dealers to find out. Whatever.

NOTE #2: Uh, about 5 minutes have gone by and another stupid human problem rears its head. My Firefox spell checker thinks the word "locator" is misspelled. I guess I need a spell checker app to correct Firefox's spell checker.

Elhardt

Post by Elhardt » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:14 am

NOTE #3: I now see they also have a Moog Forum graphic mixed in with a barrage of other superficial sites and logos which just looked like advertising. And this is the problem with information overload and shoving a pile of text and graphics in a person's face. Check out the link below. Clean, spacious, just one menu across the top of the page. Something to learn from.

http://www.google.com/

-Elhardt

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:30 am

Products---Moogerfooger--- then select from the listed items on the left, does it for me all the time, no sweat no mess.

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:02 am

http://www.moogmusic.com/moogerfooger/? ... duct_id=60
Click on connect and then select forums.
Not real difficult.

Took me almost 8 seconds of my life. Maybe less coffee would help your attention span.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:45 am

I see the problem... they got rid of their horizontal menu across the top where I would normally choose "Products".

Now I have to choose under "New Products" on the left, MIDI-MuRF then use the breadcrumb path on its page to goto "Products" then finally to Moogers & the RingMod.

So much for ease of navigability. Moog: fix it or you'll turn a lot of people off & lose sales! Every site should have clear, concise, easy to use navigation as its been proven a person browsing a particular page only spends a precious 10 seconds or less before giving up.
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:50 am

:D :D Maybe it’s just my computer but I’m not having any problems navigating the site. Products 9click) MoogerFooger on the left( click) mF102 click. :D Took all of 3 seconds. Forum link below listing on the left.

RAH

Re: Who Can Navigate the Damn Moogmusic Website ?

Post by RAH » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:20 am

wow. chill out.

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:03 pm

You must have the Flash player installed on your computer, or else the horizontal menu at the top of the screen will not display.

lexsadler

Post by lexsadler » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:12 pm

I kinda agree too, when you compare the Moog site to a lot of other instrument manufacturer's websites it is fairly poor/outdated.

Not good for mobile users either :roll:

My two cents worth
[url=http://www.myspace.com/lexsadler]Visit me on Myspace[/url]

spittingoutteeth

Post by spittingoutteeth » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:07 pm

It's not a horrible site by any means, but it could definitely use an overhaul to make it a bit more easily navigable and a bit more aesthetically pleasing. I agree that the forums are tough to find too---if I hadn't found them via a Google search, I probably never would have discovered them through the Moog site.
[b]ΔΔΔ MARS PYRAMID RECORDS ΔΔΔ[/b] - www.marspyramid.com
www.myspace.com/marspyramid
[b]Aether Everywhere Records[/b] - www.aethereverywhere.com
[b]VIKOMT[/b] [i](harsh drones)[/i] - www.myspace.com/vikomt

patobrujo

Post by patobrujo » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:47 pm

lexsadler wrote:I kinda agree too, when you compare the Moog site to a lot of other instrument manufacturer's websites it is fairly poor/outdated.
It's an analog website :lol:
..::PATOBRUJO::..

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:28 pm

I can't seem to go 5 continuous minutes in my life without encountering some form of human lack of logic, sloppiness, carelessness, or stupidity, and I'm getting fed up with it wasting my life away.
Buy a mirror and you'll be able to save 4 1/2 minutes.

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Now, now...

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:40 pm

It occurs to me that my retired and not-so-computer-savvy parents were able to navigate the Moog site in order to get me a t-shirt as a gift. If they can do it, (almost) anyone can.

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:00 pm

If you had trouble navigating this forum, then I really wonder how you managed to navigate the schems for that PolyMoog Resonator.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.