3 NEW MOOG products you'd like to see....

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
DIGITAL SCREAMS

3 NEW MOOG products you'd like to see....

Post by DIGITAL SCREAMS » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 pm

1) Polysynth
2) Modular
3) Chorus pedal

How about you...

DS
Roland Jupiter 8, Sequential Prophet 5 (rev 3.3), Moog Old School (s/n #0317), Yamaha DX7 MKII FD and Roland D50

moognase

Post by moognase » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:32 pm

1.) 1-VCO-Synth (New Micromoog)
2.) Small 8-step Sequencer
3.) Moog Kantele

4.) Moneymoog that outputs money (with MIDI)

spittingoutteeth

Post by spittingoutteeth » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:09 pm

1) Sequencer
2) Polyphonic Moog
3) Delay + Looper device
[b]ΔΔΔ MARS PYRAMID RECORDS ΔΔΔ[/b] - www.marspyramid.com
www.myspace.com/marspyramid
[b]Aether Everywhere Records[/b] - www.aethereverywhere.com
[b]VIKOMT[/b] [i](harsh drones)[/i] - www.myspace.com/vikomt

johnll

Post by johnll » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:14 pm

A redone MG-1

Skip the fake polyphony part
Doesn't need MIDI for me, but I don't care either way
Leave out the black goo :)

But seriously... I'd love a 2 VCO monosynth with the simple logic circuit ring mod (aka "Bell Tone") just like the MG-1. It's simple, it's portable, and it's capable of making some amazing sounds.

You may think I'm nuts, but I'd pay as much for a 2010 Moog Music factory fresh MG-1 as I would for a Little Phatty. They could clone the Rogue or the Prodigy, too, but neither one of those guys has "Bell Tone." Or the funky Radio Shack vibe :)

MarbledMoog

Post by MarbledMoog » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:57 pm

pitch-to-voltage converter Moogerfooger

Moog must succeed where ARP failed: the guitar synth. It's do-able. And should be versatile enough that any string instrument, like guitar, bass and violin could be used, as well as wind instruments...anything capable of monophony.

People would love a multi-mode Fooger, but its not neccesary I don't think. I honestly don't know where Moog could go, they've covered their vintage bases and innovated some stuff but I don't see where they can go...hopefully we're surprised by something only Moog could do. The Moog guitar is great, but its not in the hands of players because of the price point. The new MuRF is just beating around the bush...we need something big and new!
MF-101, MF-102, CP-251

mtmelvin

Post by mtmelvin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:03 am

1) a Keytar
2) a Drum Synth
3) a Poly Voyager

...and I would like them to name something after Voltor... maybe the drum synth?
Moog Voyager Old School, Memorymoog, Moog Prodigy, Moog Rogue, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104z, MP-201, Arp Odyssey, DSI Prophet 08 SE, Oberheim Matrix 6R, Roland Juno 6, Crumar Orchestrator, Rhodes, Wurli, Clavinet D6, Hammond C3 w/ Leslie 122

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:41 am

mtmelvin wrote:1) a Keytar
2) a Drum Synth
3) a Poly Voyager

...and I would like them to name something after Voltor... maybe the drum synth?
Yes keytar, yes polysynth, a drum brain would be nice as well. But for the love of God, DO NOT name any of those after me! Especially the drum brain. :shock: One V-Drum is enough, and Roland has it.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

ikazlar

Post by ikazlar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:42 am

1. Modular synthesizer
2. Polyphonic synthesizer
3. Sequencer

Doesn't EVERYONE think it's time?
The walls of Jericho were brought down by a Minimoog.

Christopher Winkels

Re: 3 NEW MOOG products you'd like to see....

Post by Christopher Winkels » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:17 am

DIGITAL SCREAMS wrote:1) Polysynth
2) Modular
3) Chorus pedal
Not a bad list.

1. I too would like to see a low-cost polysynth that can be built in a "modular" fashion. In other words, have an interface not unlike the LP to control costs (perhaps with a few of the menu-driven functions moved to the front panel, like the number of filter poles or secondary mod rountings - but not everything), and ship it with a limited number of voice cards; perhaps only four. Allow voice expandability simply by buying additional cards, popping open the top, and installing them in place. To further keep prices down keep the LFOs and envelopes in the digital realm; the P'08 does this and it works brilliantly since processor speeds are so much better than they were in the '80s back when digital envelopes equalled mushy response. It won't be a $1,500 venture, but I can't see it being much over $3,000 either.

2. Chorus pedal? Bah! Like I said a few months back, it needs to be a Bi-Chorus pedal, switchable to parallel mode for stereo or serial mode for "chorused chorus" mode. Each circuit with its own LFO, depth, and mix knobs. Two CV inputs for rate control as well.

3. A desktop or Moogerfooger style sequencer. Not just the old knobby style 8x2 or 16x2 ones, but something that allows initial note input from a keyboard a la the old Sequential Pro-One, then tweaking to one's heart's content. Different modes (forward, back, forward/back, random, brownian random, etc.), swing and shuffle, means of pseudo-randomly inserting rests, etc.

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:37 am

1. Sequencer in a CP-251 style package
2. Chorus
3. Polyphonic Little Phatty
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:16 am

Moog MultiMode Filter (HARDWARE 2 CP251 sized.

Tube Theremin

THey can make a Keytar only if they make it out of Particle Board AND name it the VOLTORKEYTAR.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:42 pm

The big one that I'd like to see is the Moog guitar with a different body shape. Something more in the telecaster (single cutaway) camp than the double cutaway camp.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:22 pm

EricK wrote:
THey can make a Keytar only if they make it out of Particle Board AND name it the VOLTORKEYTAR.
Grrrr... :evil: I HATE particle board. It would be made of ash and be called the Liberation II.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:36 pm

Foogers in CP251 size cabinets.
Chorus Flanger dual unit
Step sequencer
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:14 pm

1. amp/eg fooger with midi-cv converter. this is like the flux capacitor for the whole modular fooger thing. IT'S WHAT MAKES SONIC DIMENSION TRAVELLING POSSIBLE! ;)

2. cp-style enclosure moogerfoogers. They are in my opinion more attractive, more space efficient, and more useful. Moog should do another round of "pay to produce" manufacturing with these like they did with the Taurus. I bet they'd be able to justify it no problem. I'd totally sell all my pedal style ones to get new cp-style ones in a heartbeat. Wasting 7 rack spaces (1 extra to leave room for cables up top) for 3 foogers is not great but doable, Fitting 4 into 6 spaces sounds AWESOME.

Also, if they made these, it could be the justification for also MIDI-fying all of them :D

3. stereo chorus/flanger fooger. what can I say? really good analog chorus is the tits, and I think moog could really hit a home-run on a fooger based around this.
www.ctrlshft.com