Any Moog Source owners? I have a question

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
eric coleridge

Any Moog Source owners? I have a question

Post by eric coleridge » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:11 pm

I'm just curious if the Source outputs sequencer notes and/or arpeggio notes through it's CV/trig outputs? I know other similar synths like the pro-1, sh101, and Monopoly all output CV/gate from their seq/arp, and I've found them very useful for controlling others synths in a live set-up. Anyone know about the Source?

CZ Rider

Post by CZ Rider » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:12 am

It does on mine? The CV out is purposely scaled higher than 1volt per octave though. Moog recommended a 10K linear pot inline from the output, to tune/scale the slave synth. The CV out had everything summed toghther, keyboard, pitch wheel, VCO modulation, sequencer. arp (more like a programable step seq), transpose, even the S&H. They did it right. Uses a stereo 1/4" with tip as the CV out. Only has S-trig in/out on mine though, later models had some kind of retrofit for syncing drum machines? So some type of S-trig to V-trig might be needed for non Moogs. The membrane switch for Ext. trig had to be on to send out the S-trig, while the CV out was always present. I slaved a minimoog from mine for years. Worked great.