A new Moog Modular system would be mother bleeping awesome

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
gazer

A new Moog Modular system would be mother bleeping awesome

Post by gazer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:55 am

Check the new picture of a brand new Moog modular system on Matrixsynth.
Anyone speak german? The description is in german but the bottom link is the googlish verion, it talks about some awesome stuff. New modern sequencer, new oscilators with 9 waveforms plus being able to use a sample as a waveform, multimode filter.

Looks cooler than the new Buchla 200E's. I hope this is real.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rScBRKlTdoE/S ... ts-new.jpg

http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... n&ie=UTF-8
Last edited by gazer on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

gazer

Post by gazer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:08 am

Now lets see that little phatty vx-35phatty cv expander. (please) To control this new modular.
The mf 106 and the four voice Moog synth, or three voice expander for the lp and voyager. I don't need a car do I?

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:16 am

I think that's someone's wish list. Sure would be awesome, though. :shock:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Jrayk Roze

Post by Jrayk Roze » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:28 am

Too bad it's April 1st :'(
Voyager Old School #0005, Etherwave #18321, Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai, CP-251, and a Nord Lead 2X

ARP

Post by ARP » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:05 am

Although it would make more sense than the Moog Guitar, I don't anticipate anything this cool is really in the works.
"Although they heard the music..they didn't understand the tune"

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:14 am

I was wrong last year.
This year it would suggest there's two April Fool's jokes though.
While one could be done by someone not affiliated with Moog, it does show many things that make sense.
Jacks, power supplies, small cases, etc.
The picture is obviously photoshopped (all cases have the same grain), but it doesn't mean it's fake either.
I personally question how a first offering would have dual 960-ish sequencers.
Doubtful, but could happen.

nicholas d. kent

Post by nicholas d. kent » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:39 pm

It's obviously an illustration but smells pretty real to me.

My feeling is if it were a fan's wishful fake they would either do something much closer to the original or much more end-all cutting edge.

There is realism that comes with going middle of the road, not too many modules but some popular ones that would tempt people to get started and the moogerfooger gear incorporated in the setup.

I'm seeing too much that would have to be very clever reverse psychology if it wasn't a real preliminary press release. Things like making the system impressive sized with not that many different modules, yet not simply going cut and paste crazy. Having some new features without being covered in new features. You know, like if it were more impressive then I would be more inclined to think it's a fake whereas I really am thinking that this is the sort of level of a system that present day Moog Music would go.

Then again Kenny Elhardt's most famous pictures were a fake ad and a fake tradeshow photo. I guess we'll know when something shows up on the main Moog Music page.

It doesn't smell good that this sort of came through the back door.

Also I'd think Moog Music would want to show patch cables for illustrative purposes... though I guess real or not, drawing realistic cables is more work.

Oh, now I see the blog admitted it was their fake.
Last edited by nicholas d. kent on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gazer

Post by gazer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:42 pm

But I already have buyers lined up for my kidney's. Some one just placed a bid on my liver. Maybe I should have waited. Come on Moog let's do this.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:43 pm

nicholas d. kent wrote: It doesn't smell good that this sort of came through the back door.
Does it ever?
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:05 pm

It's New Years Day! So, believing stuff like that is close to Easter Bunny love.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

gazer

Post by gazer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:09 pm

i'm sure we would have heard something by now if it was legit. Check the buchla site and read about their new recreation of their 200 series modulars.
The have patch storage. Obviosley not for cable patching memory those you still have to plug in and out.But basic preset storage. Which means it's not a true modular i guess since it will make sound with out physically having to patch every thing with patch cords. I guess it is more of a very powerful semi modular with full modular capabilities plus with new cool stuff added. Since Buchla and Moog have worked together before. Remember the piano bar? I was hoping maybe they decided to do it again since buchla currently builds the most modern and amazing modular synth currently in my opinion.
Moog's oscillators and filters mixed with all the amazing things the 200e can do. That would do it for me.

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:25 pm

Which means it's not a true modular i guess since it will make sound with out physically having to patch every thing with patch cords
Not sure we're on the same track here, but just because a synth has normals or a patching scheme, doesn't make it a "false" modular.

The Roland System 700 and Arp 2500 are just two modulars that don't need patchcords to make sounds.
With some minor exceptions, all modules in those systems could be moved around.
Probably more so than Moog modulars really.
And even Moog modulars had normals available for CV, trig and a few other connections.

gazer

Post by gazer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:27 pm

Matrixsynth.com is actually a reputable synth blog site. I would hardly refer to them as the back door of synth news. But I don't feel so loyal anymore
towards them. You broke my heart matrixsynth. How rude.
Last edited by gazer on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gazer

Post by gazer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:35 pm

I completely agree I think the new Buchla is very much a full featured and amazingly flexible real modular. I would buy one if I could afford a 19,600 dollar synth. I was just being anal about calling it a modular because the moduals don't have to be patched together to make noise.(since that is what most people use to define a modular) You know the insides of these beasts in ways that I may never even learn to understand.(unless my health magicly comes back to me one morning and I can move out near you to be your assistant) I realyy would do that if it was physically possible for me if you still needed one. Talk about a free education. I digress.
I would actually consider The Buchla an improvement on the old classic modular design everyone makes now.
But in the end or the present Kevin you are way smarter than me. I wouldn't even pretend to know something about any synth that you don't already know. Mad props.
Last edited by gazer on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gazer

Post by gazer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:04 pm

No Moog modular on the musimesse site. They brought the old school though. I thought they were discontinuing it. bleep Matrixsynth and Musicmesse. Musicmesse should have insisted on Moog only being able to take part if they had a modular to bring. I heard the moog guitar strings stole the show. Just kidding.
I'm bummed.