2 simple questions?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
lanxe

Post by lanxe » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm

calvinistsandlutherans wrote:Amen to Numerology. Everybody who's even remotely interested should check it out - it's really, really excellent.
again, i hate being tied to a computer, but this software is the best step sequencer there is.....i cant imagine a hardware solution that i would like as much (although the nemo or octopus or what ever those awesome sequencers are probably come pretty close).

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:18 pm

lanxe wrote:
calvinistsandlutherans wrote:Amen to Numerology. Everybody who's even remotely interested should check it out - it's really, really excellent.
again, i hate being tied to a computer, but this software is the best step sequencer there is.....i cant imagine a hardware solution that i would like as much (although the nemo or octopus or what ever those awesome sequencers are probably come pretty close).
Thanks for the recommendation. I've been looking for a good sequencing solution for my Little Phatty. Numerology looks like it has some well thought out features.

jonover

Post by jonover » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:42 pm

thanks all the info is very helpful

jonover

Post by jonover » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:45 pm

analoghaze wrote:How much do you want to spend on a sequencer?
Do you perfer MIDI or analog?
:P
i have no idea
im thinking start out with something as cheap as i can
the voyager kinda busted me.
as far as midi or analog
id rather go analog

dave500

Post by dave500 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:53 pm

The cheapest must be the VOS.
http://www.curiousinventor.com/kits/voi ... _sequencer
I have one it works.
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron

acorkos

Post by acorkos » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:18 pm

i have an MFB Step64....CV and midi outs. I use it to control my Voyager Old School and 3 voices from my DotCom modular simultaneously...

http://www.mfberlin.de/Produkte/Musikel ... p64_e.html

Voltor07

Re: ken stones programmer/sequencer

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:29 pm

lanxe wrote: Voltor, the MFOS stuff is easy to build, but the wiring takes me forever and it never turns out too neat. thats another reason i like the CGS programmer/sequencer better.....its all PCB with some minor linking of the pcbs. but the problem with the cgs, is that its a pre-defined panel spacing (serge style).

I built the MFOS sequencer with a temporary front panel, and it worked awesome. then i made this really nice front panel and when i transferred the panel components, it started acting funny (skipping steps, only trigger out, no gate out). So its been sitting in a box for a year in this condition (see picture below). i would sell it to anybody for $100 if they want to thake a shot at it. the front panel alone is worth the money plus you get all of the components and those sweet aluminum knobs (you just may want to rewire it?). sorry for the spam :wink: email at bocookdot7 {AT} yahoo.com
Wow...yeah, that's a mess. I'll bet there's a cold solder joint somewhere in all that spaghetti. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:40 pm

Bryan T wrote:Thanks for the recommendation. I've been looking for a good sequencing solution for my Little Phatty. Numerology looks like it has some well thought out features.
I've been playing around with this a bunch and really like it. Highly recommended.