Opus 3 - a possible future purchase

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
stiiiiiiive

Re: Opus 3 - a possible future purchase

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:08 am

thealien666 wrote:I remember that it could do organs, strings and pads, and simili-piano.
Simili piano is what I'm asking; sometimes you don't want a plain, constant organ sound but something more percussive, just like that felt on those strings.

Thanks for mentioning the black foam, indeed. I did not remember about it. I have a MG1, which was cleaned. I believe. I should check :D
EMwhite wrote:The two modes are essentially the diff between legato and retrig, except without any respect paid to the fact that you are holding a key and playing legato style. But the Brass section deals with this differently than the String section, etc.
So basically, this controls wether the control is triggered at every key press vs. only when no key was pressed already. Except with the brass section. Oh man :)

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:14 am

Get a Lowrey Teenie Genie...best damn string synth for $75 or less. ;)
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:01 pm

It doubles as a keyboard stand...what's not to like?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

MC

Post by MC » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:47 pm

Voltor07 wrote:It doubles as a keyboard stand...what's not to like?
Every SO has heard that excuse :lol:
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi