Polymoog Resonator (Polymoogerfooger)

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Elhardt

Polymoog Resonator (Polymoogerfooger)

Post by Elhardt » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:53 am

Might as well put this on the Moog forum. After parting out my Polymoog synth, selling off all the parts, and building a coffee table from the case, I also ripped out the 3 band resonator, cut the PCB down to size, sliced part of the panel out of the synth, then put that into a custom built walnut case for probably the world's only stand-alone Polymoog resonator. I'm going to put it up for sale within the next few days, timing dependent on whether I feel like making an audio demo of it or not. So might as well see before it goes away.

Later picture after I added the bypass/enable LED.

And a couple of links to other photos, one showing size comparison to a moogerfooger, and the other showing the back with the power supply and cables it will come with. The switch back there isn't a power switch, it's a bypass switch. The bi-colored LED on the front panel acts just like a regular moogerfooger: green=enabled, red=bypass, and the LED lit=powered up.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p122 ... ooger3.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p122 ... ooger5.jpg

-Elhardt

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:04 am

I want that! How much? :shock:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:45 am

THats interesting, enough of thosre and one woudl have a modular PolyMoog.

Im curious to know what someone would charge for that, its pretty unique though sad that a polymoog had to die.

WHat does it do?

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:54 am

Who cares? It's off a Polymoog! It's gotta do something insanely awesome! Filters for different frequencies, I imagine. Something my Farfisa could benefit from, for sure! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:28 am

That's beautiful!
John L Rice
MiniMoog, MinitMoog, MG-1, Sub Phatty, 5U modulars, Eurorack modulars

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:20 pm

It appears to be a three band version of the MURF, but without the animation capabilities.

Voltor, you kill me! The man has barely gotten it up on the forum and within 10 minutes you skunk everybody! Some of us have to work on Monday, and can't be up all hours of the day and night checking the forums! :lol:

Avast, ye lubber! Methinks a bidding war may be in order, says I! :shock:

And Chucky's not invited!

Run up the Jolly Roger!

Arrrr! :twisted:

:lol:

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:31 pm

Was it here or some where else this came up a few months ago ? :)

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:42 pm

mayidunk wrote:It appears to be a three band version of the MURF, but without the animation capabilities.

Voltor, you kill me! The man has barely gotten it up on the forum and within 10 minutes you skunk everybody! Some of us have to work on Monday, and can't be up all hours of the day and night checking the forums! :lol:

Avast, ye lubber! Methinks a bidding war may be in order, says I! :shock:

And Chucky's not invited!

Run up the Jolly Roger!

Arrrr! :twisted:

I work PM shift, and am on the forums after work. Sometimes during, but not often anymore. I want that resonator, and am not afraid to outbid anyone. It's mine, ye scurvy dog! :evil:

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:46 pm

Ill start the bidding at 1 billion dollars. :lol:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:55 pm

EricK wrote:Ill start the bidding at 1 billion dollars. :lol:
ONE BILLION DOLLARS??!! No fair. Even YOU don't have that much, Mr. I-Can't-Afford-a-MoogCE-Modular. :lol: I'll start it at $275. :twisted:

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:05 pm

Voltor07 wrote:I want that resonator, and am not afraid to outbid anyone. It's mine, ye scurvy dog! :evil:
I'm not afraid to outbid anyone, says you... :shock:

Ye will be, says I! :twisted:

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:13 pm

Elhardt, I want to say something and I certianly don't mean you any disrespect whatsoever.

I think thats a nice looking and possibly great unit, but I think its kind of wrong to butcher something like a poly and resell the componants.

I mean its really a great homage to a great company and a good product, but what is more important, having a unique module or keeping as many poly's alive as possible?

I kindof have mixed emotions about this, I think its really cool on one hand but I sort of feel like it shouldn't get more than a hundred bucks because it almost leaves a bad taste in my mouth, like robbing a model D of its filter or Oscs.

But on the other hand, who am I to say whats right or wrong? If thats the only salvagable part of the poly...then let it live in the hands of someone who will appreciate it.

After saying all of that, Id buy it if I could. lol

So again you know I think it looks fantastic and I hope that it sounds as good as it looks. I just sort of feel both good and bad things about it. I know how much Hell a poly can put someone through and the diminishing number of techs willing to do anything with them. I would just hate to see a trend of people driving the market prices of vintage instruments up for a quick buck.

Its like the poor people in africa...yes we want to see them earn money to feed their families, but cutting down all the trees to sell for coal is going to destroy them.

And the old firearms that people intentionally go around and converting to be permanantly nonfunctional.....they are destroying history.

But on the same token I understand and I think that you did a great job.

I really hope that you don't take this post the wrong way and think that Im being rude or intentionally trying to flame you.

Respectfully,
Eric

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:14 pm

mayidunk wrote:

With a crew of drunken pilots
We're the only airship pirates
We're full of hot air and we're starting to rise
We're the terror of the skies but a danger to ourselves now.

Ye better be puttin' yer coinage where yer mouth be, matey! :twisted:

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:28 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
mayidunk wrote:

With a crew of drunken pilots
We're the only airship pirates
We're full of hot air and we're starting to rise
We're the terror of the skies but a danger to ourselves now.

Ye better be puttin' yer coinage where yer mouth be, matey! :twisted:
I be havin' doubloons enough for tunes! Rest easy, lad, it'll all be over before ya know it :twisted:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:33 pm

Aye, for YOU it be over. For me, it be just the beginnin'. :twisted: