Tell us about yourself....

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:20 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
Chuck Norris wrote:
mayidunk, is this you? Who let this guy in here? :shock: I'm surprised the servers didn't explode! Who would've guessed we could have Kevin Lightner AND Chuck Norris on the same forum? Come to think of it, where's maskin? Chuck Norris has pwned the thread with his silence! :lol:
I would love to say that it was me, but I can't because it wasn't! Perhaps the spirit of Chuck is trying to break through, though if that were the case I'm sure we'd be seeing the sole of his boot! Or, maybe not, those kicks can be pretty fast!

:lol:

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:54 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
Chuck Norris wrote: 
mayidunk, is this you? Who let this guy in here? :shock: I'm surprised the servers didn't explode! Who would've guessed we could have Kevin Lightner AND Chuck Norris on the same forum? Come to think of it, where's maskin? Chuck Norris has pwned the thread with his silence! :lol:
It wasn't me, I was jamming with a friend of mine. :o

I could be Chuck himself, he can say everything and nothing at the same time in one sentence.
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:01 am

I wonder...EricK, do YOU have something to do with this? I am sure that SOMEONE other than Chuck Norris himself is behind this, otherwise the forum would have been obliterated when Kevin Lightner posted. Hmm... :?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:04 am

Maybe they have to post at the exact same time in the same topic in order to obliterate the servers..
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:08 am

Good point! Never thought of that. :mrgreen: Kevin, you're safe to come back now! :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:55 am

Merry ChuckMess!

:D

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:47 am

Chuck patching his favorite synth...

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:34 am

Only Chuck Norris could play a synth that large! Good one, Kevin! :lol:

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:53 am

It's a forced perspective.
Delta Forced... ;-)

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:27 am

Kevin Lightner wrote:It's a forced perspective.
Delta Forced... ;-)
Bad joke...so bad it made me LOL! :lol:

Jauntimus Prime

Post by Jauntimus Prime » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:24 am

Me too. In fact I just LOL'd all over the front of my sweater. :mrgreen:
"There's a reason digital audio has earned its reputation for sterility, lifelessness, and harshness. Mainly, it's because it tends to be sterile, lifeless, and harsh." [url=http://www.myspace.com/froghollowdaycamp]Frog Hollow Day Camp[/url]

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:21 am

Jauntimus Prime wrote:Me too. In fact I just LOL'd all over the front of my sweater. :mrgreen:
That can't be good... :lol: :lol:

MC

Post by MC » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:45 pm

*sends Buzz Aldrin over to punch Chuck*

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:38 pm

MC wrote:*sends Buzz Aldrin over to punch Chuck*
*Chuck kicks Buzz to infinity and beyond!*

jamezdd73

Post by jamezdd73 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:18 am

Just thought I'd momentarily break away from the Chuck Norris mayhem and tell you all about myself.

My name's James, I live in Australia, and I'm 17 years old.
I started getting into music when I was about 13, listening to what was on the radio at the time, but I decided that it wasn't really for me. So I got into my parents old vinyl collection and found myself in the glory of 80's poprock. Starting with Duran Duran, The Cure, The Police... and so on. I started learning keyboards when I was 14 and haven't stopped since then. I taught myself guitar and bass, while I broadened my musical horizon by listening to a whole range of electronic goodness such as New Order, Jean Michel Jarre, Gary Numan, Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Depeche Mode.... and I could go on all day. The first proper synth I purchased was a microKorg, which I still love and use non-stop. The Moog Little Phatty has been my next endevour, and hopefully I'll be picking it up next Monday! Oh the wait...! I'm in a "band" of sorts (me and a mate who also plays synth, you could say we're an electronic duo) and we write stuff in the genre of electronic dance as well as some new age-electro.
We've just started writing our new EP, and are perfecting it with live drums and arranging it for live performances.
I just joined the forum here recently, and I've been checking it out everyday!