So what's this new product(s)?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
latigid on

Post by latigid on » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Nick2012 wrote:I'm a bit late chiming in, but here's my 2 cents about the Old School. I think it's a really bad idea, considering it's MSRP is close to what I paid for my brand new Select on Black Friday. Why would anyone prefer it over the Select? It just doesn't make sense. MOOG got it backwards. They should have released the OS first. The ONLY reason I MIGHT buy an OS is because it may end up being a very rare Moog instrument with some collector appeal. Like the Ford Edsel : )
*Bump

Sadly true :(

These things are going to skyrocket in price now, and will probably turn into collectors items. The people who really want an all-analog synth are going to be the ones missing out.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:30 am

We should keep bumping this post in memory of what may be the last 100% analog synth. OS, you'll be sadly missed. :cry:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:38 pm

Dude don't say stuff like that, youre trying to make me feel bad because I can't afford one.

Besides, You don't know what suprises Moog will do.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:07 pm

EricK wrote:Dude don't say stuff like that, youre trying to make me feel bad because I can't afford one.

Besides, You don't know what suprises Moog will do.
I'm the one who wanted one BEFORE all this discontinuing started, and you had no reason to want one UNTIL it was announced only 200 more will be made. I'm hurting more than you. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:38 pm

No actually I thought it would be good, but the touchpad and the backlit panel, coupled with the fact that I absolutely abhor patch memory sheets and documentation is what sold me. I had a performer first before the OS came out.

But I thought it would be nice to have the OS to control my modular synth, but I think I would rather just go with a Model D.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:16 pm

I had an LP before the OS came out. I could have bought the OS if I returned the LP, but then I couldn't have afforded even a pair of headphones! I don't imagine an OS sounding good through IPod ear buds. :lol: Hopefully, someone will still have one in stock when I'm ready to purchase. If not, there's always the RME or performer. :(

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:29 pm

But I thought it would be nice to have the OS to control my modular synth, but I think I would rather just go with a Model D.[/quote]

You'll have more control with the Performer and the VX351 then you would with a stock Model D :). Fine to control your modular with the Voyager( or D) but you'll have much more range using a 5 octave keyboard :). Nothing worng with a Model D though :), it plays very nicely with the Voyager and Little Phatty

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Brian G wrote: You'll have more control with the Performer and the VX351 then you would with a stock Model D :). Fine to control your modular with the Voyager( or D) but you'll have much more range using a 5 octave keyboard :). Nothing worng with a Model D though :), it plays very nicely with the Voyager and Little Phatty
The only things wrong with a Model D is the cost of the synth, and the cost to keep it like new, and the fact that it will be harder to find parts for it sooner than a Voyager. Just saying... :wink:

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:56 pm

Actually what Id like to do is get a dotcom keyboard controller.

I will have a Model D though. THeres nothing wrong with a Model D. :twisted:

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:39 pm

I will have a Model D though. THeres nothing wrong with a Model D. :twisted:[/quote]

:) Nope nothing wrong with a Model D. I've had mine for a long time//// ntohiogn wrong with the Voyaher or Little Phatty either :).

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:15 pm

I wish I had a Model D...at least the funds for one. :mrgreen:

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:44 pm

Dude,
Do back to school and become an RN.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:12 pm

EricK wrote:Dude,
Do back to school and become an RN.
No thanks. I'm saving up for a Voyager, the rest of what I owe for the Taurus pedals, the two .com entry level modulars, PA system, house, polyphonic Moog when they finally release one, and some other stuff I can't think of but I know I want. :wink: I think I'm doing pretty good for an LPN. :P

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:23 pm

Dude,
from what I understand RN's make enough to where you could have all of that stuff a lot faster.

Why do you think im going into Physical Therapy? Because I need Moog Rehab the rest of my life!

Eric

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:42 pm

EricK wrote:Dude,
from what I understand RN's make enough to where you could have all of that stuff a lot faster.

Why do you think im going into Physical Therapy? Because I need Moog Rehab the rest of my life!

Eric
I make as much working for the government as I would make as an RN in the real world, and the benefits are better too. I am so sick of being a broke college sudent, it's not even funny! I was a college student for five years, and I never want to do that again. Thanks for the suggestion, though. :wink: