So what's this new product(s)?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Tibbon

So what's this new product(s)?

Post by Tibbon » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:10 am

I just got an email from Moog earlier this evening:
We're flying to Anaheim in the morning. The gear is all packed, the signs and flyers have been printed...

...that means New Gear Announcements are just a few days away.

Keep your eyes on the Moog Music website... www.moogmusic.com

Some amazing new products will be up there soon!

The Moog Team
Anyone have any clues, thoughts, speculation as to what it is?

I am NOT asking for people a wishlist of what it should be, but rather a serious stab of any clues or thoughts to what this actually is. Anyone been in Ashville lately any seen the new things being finalized?

My guess is a Rackmount LP perhaps... maybe somewhat like the Nord Modular G2 Engine that's just got everything in a single cheap rack space.
Signature #144

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:13 am

Hopefully the MF-106! it kills me that they went out of order... im thinking it would be a VCA of somesort, seeing that they have the oscillator and filters. and i think a LP RME is definately in order. all though the response by someone at moog on, ithink it was a vintagesynth.com board, a post entitled "new moog lead synth" (which turned out to be an early prototype for the voyager) started making me (and everyone else of corse)start to wonder.

but i guess we will just wait and see. what ever it is im sure it wil not disappoint.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:30 am

Give us a clue, Moog! It was fun with the 'Phatty.

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:07 am

youll find out soon, (ive just found out what they are) man theyve been hard at work!!

amazing new stuff

:D :D :D
Last edited by goldphinga on Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

museslave

Post by museslave » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:13 am

It's a tweed MIDI cable!
www.youtube.com/user/automaticgainsay
www.myspace.com/automaticgainsay2
www.myspace.com/godfreyscordialmusic

DW

Post by DW » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:25 pm

DW

DW

Post by DW » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:35 pm

Not new from Moog. It was something I thought would be a nice enhancement to the Voyager. I originally designed it with a glide section where the VCA is now. I changed it when moog came out with the glide to the filter mod. It was drawn on an an ancient KeyCad program and it shows. So it's just a drawing and doesn't exist otherwise.
DW

museslave

Post by museslave » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:57 pm

DW wrote:Not new from Moog. It was something I thought would be a nice enhancement to the Voyager. I originally designed it with a glide section where the VCA is now. I changed it when moog came out with the glide to the filter mod. It was drawn on an an ancient KeyCad program and it shows. So it's just a drawing and doesn't exist otherwise.
Dang. I like yours a lot better than mine. :)
www.youtube.com/user/automaticgainsay
www.myspace.com/automaticgainsay2
www.myspace.com/godfreyscordialmusic

sergiovalente9

Post by sergiovalente9 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:09 pm

Mmmmmmmm one new product will be a new version of Taurus?. I remember some clues about this in the forum.

In another "new products" i see the advice of the new access virus Ti, the Ti snow.

I think that Access is walking in same way that Moog do (first, of course) with the LP. An aforable synth with a powerful sound. Not a lot of funtions (i believe that if you want 10.000 funtions and knobs, U must use a VST) but with a powerfull sound (that a VST can easily can´t do).

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:43 am

goldphinga wrote:youll find out soon, (ive just found out what they are) man theyve been hard at work!!

amazing new stuff

:D :D :D
So i theorized that perhaps why the theremin was discontinued was because they needed the space to produce something else. Like they only had enough room for the Foogers, the LP the voyager and the Theremin Pro.

Theremin DC so is it something in its place?

WHen will we find out and how do you know?

lolololo.lololololl

IM excited!

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

rnbeatz

Post by rnbeatz » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:22 am

Some kind of analog and virtual synthesis hybrid.

nathan

Post by nathan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:53 am

haha, mellowdown, that'll never be the case.
allthough the clavia nord modular i just got is really sweet.
2-piece drumkit/4x diy-triggers/1x diy-mixer-preamp/2x clavia micromodular

sergiovalente9

Post by sergiovalente9 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:32 pm

In the web there is some info about the new realease!

A new (or an old) synth: Minimoog Vogayer OS (Old School). Is an old school version of the new voyager without all the digital implementation. It´s has a new CV (more extensive) but not presets.

The other new product will be Multi-Pedal MP-201. Is a way to control your Moogerfoogers via midi. This new product will be great to automatice and modulate via midi all your moogerfoogers (yeahhhh!! it will be great).

One product for the old mooger and another for the new generation (the visual DAW genetarion).

More info in http://www.hispasonic.com/noticias/mini ... dal-mp-201 (but its in spanish)

redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:17 pm

wow, that multi-pedal sounds awesome...i dunno about the old school voyager though, seems rather redundant considering you can put the voyager in panel mode and just use the knobs sans presets and get more CV inputs with the VX add on.

dave500

new stuff

Post by dave500 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:07 pm

I think it will be a LPRM
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron