So what's this new product(s)?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:57 am

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:16 am

EricK wrote:THey keep talking about "Enhanced" modulation capabillities. Now Im trying to figure out if it (OS) will do anything that the DigiVoyager wont, or is "Enhanced Modulation Capabillities" just the Voyager's own sales lingo comparing it to the Model D?

Eric
The enhanced modulation capability probably refers to the modulation routing options the OS has over the Model D.

Note also that being a fully analog synth, the OS does away with all of the software-programmable options, including additional modulation routings, pot mapping, filter pole selection and other goodies. And no patch storage (of course).

It's a player's synth, pure and simple, with all of the 'hooks' to interface with other CV gear to expand the system.

MC

Post by MC » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:23 am

GregAE wrote:Some NAMM pix here:

http://www.moogmusic.com/photos.php
Love the last pic of the legs whoops I mean multipedal :D

synthetek

Post by synthetek » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:32 am

I saw the OS at NAMM today, they aslo had a white voyager that looked pretty cool.

Khoral

Post by Khoral » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:50 am

I'd like to point out that people like me who aren't really thrilled about the new Moog product line at NAMM don't indulge into sarcasm for the sake of sarcasm, neither are never-happy jerks who believe they'd do a better job than synth manufacturers...

As a Moog owner, and since this is an official forum, I feel somewhat relevant to give my humble customer opinion to the good folks at Moog Music, and let them know, with all due respect, that not all of their customer base is expecting more pricey pedals or a 2400$ midi-less no-presets mono synth
I'm just an average buyer, very happy of his LP, but who's also more excited by Dave Smith's announcement of a 1500$ analog poly rack than this OS aimed at the niche of "players looking for a road-worthy replacement for their venerable Minimoog Model D" (the "craving direct, hands-on connection to their creativity" thing don't qualify as argument to me... it's just marketing static as far as I'm concerned)

Now once more, Moog Music spends its research money on whatever they please, it's none of my business
I'm just expressing my individual opinion that this particular synth lover will watch elsewhere for products that fit his interests
https//www.facebook.com/khoral80

"Children are the future... that's why they must be stopped" - H. J. Simpson

rnbeatz

Post by rnbeatz » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:36 pm

I may be in a minority here but I love the idea of the MP-201 and can't wait to get my hands on one. I didn't know I wanted a product like this but not that Moog has made it, I think it will be something I can't live without. And no one else would put out a product like this.

Maybe next year Moog will announce products that do nothing for me, like an arpeggiator or step sequencer. It's all good, everyone can't be please every time.

peace
Last edited by rnbeatz on Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toryjames

Post by toryjames » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:21 pm

The Voyager OS is going to be so nice. Infinite resolution of 100% analog (no ADC) potentiometers... bitches please, it's going to be great.

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:35 am

Somebody was wrong. :)
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:22 am

I'm not fond of arpeggiators, so I won't need one..
I have 2 LP's and I prefer sequencing them with my tracker. :D
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:27 am

MC wrote:
GregAE wrote:Some NAMM pix here:

http://www.moogmusic.com/photos.php
Love the last pic of the legs whoops I mean multipedal :D
Very nice, indeed, but did anybody notice that there's no wood on the multipedal? The wedgy shape looks like it follows the contours of the other 'Fooger pedals, but doesn't have the wood sideplates.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:24 pm

goldphinga wrote:
Ghost wrote:I am reading on another forum that there may be just 2 new products - the Voyager OS and the MP-201. I really do hope that's the case as i think the LP is just too new to warrant any kind of replacement/refresh imo.
theres def more coming than the 2 you mentioned... :D
So what else is coming?

Modularfan

Post by Modularfan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:03 pm

GregAE wrote: Very nice, indeed, but did anybody notice that there's no wood on the multipedal? The wedgy shape looks like it follows the contours of the other 'Fooger pedals, but doesn't have the wood sideplates.
An interesting observation - do you suppose Moog is moving away from the classic look of wood to save cost? I don't mean on all their products, just some of the lower-cost stuff (the LP Stage didn't have wood either, and it was cheaper than the Tribute - though not by much).

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:09 pm

dada wrote:
Maskin wrote:I'm not fond of arpeggiators, so I won't need one..
I have 2 LP's and I prefer sequencing them with my tracker. :D
different strokes for different folks and all that

2 lps? nice ... how's the poly function?

i'm getting serious gear lust over the dsi prophet 08 mmmmmmmmm
I've tried the poly function, but it isn't that much fun with 2 LP's. I think it will be a lot more fun with 4 or more LP's. :)

I was planning on purchasing a Voyager PE in May, but now with the Old School coming I am changing my plans and first buy a Prophet '08 and buy the OS when it will be available here in The Netherlands (summer I believe)..

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:48 pm

Heres an Update.

Sweetwater (who sells the Select Series) has both the Mp-201 and the new Voyager on their website with a "Call us for special pricing." I called them and all that they coudl tell me was the prices on the Moog website.

So in essence, Im updating nothing. lol

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:16 am

Do they actually have both the MP and OS in stock?