Micromoog Heaven killing me softly

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EricK

Micromoog Heaven killing me softly

Post by EricK » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:35 pm

Hello Everyone,
My name is Eric Kriner and I want to say hello to everyone out there. Im 24 years old and I live in Pine Bluff Arkansas. I have been making music for 10 years now and I currently have the utmost blessing of owning some vintage stuff that knocks my socks off.

I have a 73 Fender Rhodes suitcase piano and sitting on top of that is a perfectly working Micromoog. I have lately been running the Moog through a Roland Cube 30 Bass amp for the delay reverb, chorus flanger and wah effects, then back through the RHodes Amp, for a totally unique sound.

I have noticed that the MOog works perfectly though it takes a few minutes for the Oscilator to heat up. Once it heats up its really stable and unless its really humid outside or raining, it stays in tune really well. I think a few of the switches might alter the sound of it might alter the sound of it temporarily, but it will bounce back. I am totally engrossed in the whole Synthisizer thing now and its taking over my mind. DOes anyone else think that if you had enough power, you could conquor the world with a Moog? THere have been times where I have gotten sounds so low that it has shaken my eyeballs even at low volume levels. I wonder if it has the capabillities of breaking glass. I just wish that I knew exactly what this little piece of genius was capable of. I can't even imagine trying to make myself an expert on the Modular units!
ANyway I feel very fortunate to own one of these and I think that there are really a small number of people that know the awesome power of the Moog.
Glad to have found the forum!
Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.