Analogue Solutions Red Square v2

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
analoghaze

Analogue Solutions Red Square v2

Post by analoghaze » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:07 pm

I am considering purchasing one of these.
Does anyone have any experiencve with this piece?
How well do you think it will work with Moogers?
How does it sound?
What is the build quality like?
Is there anything in the price rance that come close to it?

Thanks
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:30 pm

I believe I am going for 2 FreqBoxes and 2 CP-251's instead.

I guess Moog rules!!
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

toryjames

Post by toryjames » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:13 am

My understanding is that Analogue Solutions have some issues with quality control. I have a few Consussor modules and am happy with them (no one else makes them so I did not have any other option - besides buying a used 808), but the TR808 BD module has an intermittent jack that has been that way since I bought it (new). I have also heard similar stories with the analogue sequencers and their retrofit mods. Jason Amm (Solvent) posted some complaints about a modification they did on his miniKorg 700. Apparently not a very well thought out mod, it had some undesirable quirks. Considering the price of the Red Square you might look elsewhere for something similar (the Analogue Systems Spawn may be a good alternative), but it sounds like you've decided to go with the Moog stuff. Good choice.