MoogSpace: rather boring ?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Modularfan

Free idea for Moog

Post by Modularfan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:01 am

<< I know how many man-hours is required to create new and interesting entertainment, and without putting someone on the moogspace full-time it's going to lag behind... >>

Agreed. I think Moog should hire GregAE for this and let him take care of MoogSpace, whether MS is free or not. He seems to know a thing or two about running a synth website (SquareWave), and he's been a big contributor to this forum and MS in the past. He's a logical choice to take it over, IMO. If this could be arranged, it would allow Moog to take care of business as usual (new prod development, trade shows, demos, tech support, etc.) and give MS the dedicated resource needed to create/coordinate new content and interesting info.

How about it, Moog? Greg?

eric coleridge

Post by eric coleridge » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:26 am

Not that it's up to me. But, for what it's worth, I'd also like to see someone from this forum, like gregae, officially connected to Moog Space. If this forum, squarewave, other Moog sites, and MS could be merged with a moderator from this forum in charge-- MS would be a very worthwhile site to visit.

sergiovalente9

Post by sergiovalente9 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:36 pm

About three weeks ago a new post (after about a month with no news) was in Moog Space "Moog Music to introduce Moog Modeler". In the original post said "next week". But three weeks later nothing appears. What happen??? Is the moog space dead????

till

Post by till » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:29 pm

sergiovalente9 wrote:...
Is the moog space dead????
I would say yes, if you look for the changes since the start of this thread by me 25 days ago.

Not a single posting by users at the MoogSpace forum has been answered.
All the open bugs and inconvince things on MoogSpace (all pictures as download, not enbedded in the cklicked photo file page) are still unchanged and uncommented since the last official posting by the Web Guru Zimm on the 8th of december.

No new files in the file section since the 10th of december.

The latest content (not counting the long promised Moog Modeler) was the "Cyril Lance demos the FreqBox!" just after the NAMM.
And till today not a single word about the new Voyager OS version.
This is not premium at all. And not worth a single cent !

Sorry Moog, but if you start something, you should not ignore the faithful members that contributed, helped to improve and paid for it.

And by the way:
the new forum is still showing the default phpbb forum layout. No Moog logo at all. Hey, what's going on in Ashville?

Hopefully there is someone from the Moog home at the Frankfurt Messe to talk to when I go there by the end of this week.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:44 pm

Crap! I was so much looking forward to the Modeler too. :cry:
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

sergiovalente9

Post by sergiovalente9 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:17 pm

I want an answer. Not only from Amos (the only guy at Moog that posts here). What about the rest of moog´s staff??. Moogspace is going to continue???

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:31 pm

To me its simple...

scrap moogspace and incorporate all the good stuff from it into this board with greg as chief mod.
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:42 pm

goldphinga wrote:To me its simple...

scrap moogspace and incorporate all the good stuff from it into this board with greg as chief mod.
ditto on that.

they could add the benefits that the personal profiles added here. maybe keep uploads to a minimum at first (they were already doing this, but maybe they could limit the number of uploads, like myspace), add the modeler, a featured artists section, and put more techy news information in here in a pleasing layout for those interested. maybe in a while, moog could push a few select advertisers (that sell moog stuff, for instance) somewhere, that would enable them to afford the bandwidth for file uploads/downloads.

it has to be free at default though. this will fail unless they offer a free version, and then allow users to upgrade to a premium version with cooler options/perks/more contests for gear/etc.
www.ctrlshft.com

donato

Post by donato » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:58 am

goldphinga wrote:moog will get its money back through the added number of new members who end up buying moog products.
BINGO. That right there is the simple truth. Good support forums with added content sell products. I just bought a Nord G2 to add to my setup, but I never would have bought it if the electro-music.com forum wasn't so extensive.

donato

Post by donato » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:04 am

goldphinga wrote:To me its simple...

+2

At this point MoogSpace is nothing more than a black-eye to the Moog name.

donato

Post by donato » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:07 am

mee3d wrote: In the end I decided to produce/direct the material myself along with several other interviews with the likes of Jean-Jacques Perrey and Howard Jones so I know how much work goes into creating good content.

I LOVE JJP!!! I'd love to see an edited version of your videos.

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:35 am

donato wrote:
goldphinga wrote:moog will get its money back through the added number of new members who end up buying moog products.
BINGO. That right there is the simple truth. Good support forums with added content sell products. I just bought a Nord G2 to add to my setup, but I never would have bought it if the electro-music.com forum wasn't so extensive.
Exactly. In fact all this was said ages ago, before Moogspace started. I'm sure of that because it was originally me who made this point, and several other people on here made other valid points tha have since proved to be justified.

Basically this thread about Moogspace after the event echoes all the things that were predicted in earlier discussions when Moogspace was first announced.

If there's a lesson to be learned, maybe it's that next time someone at Moog thinks they have a great idea, it might be worth floating the idea on here and seeing what sort of comments come back. I'm sure most of us would prefer to work with Moog and not against. We're all people who've bought Moog products, so we have something valid to say about what sorts of things make people customers, and many of us work seriously to develop and deepen our knowledge and skills with these instruments.

Moogspace has been a bit of a cock-up, and that probably could have been avoided with some forethought and some conferring with the people here. That would have been better for Moog in terms of avoiding wasted effort as well as in terms of image. Obviously the answers that come back from people here may not always be what a company wants to hear, but they'll generally be honest and for the most part constructive.

earsmack

Post by earsmack » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:10 pm

Still not free - when I log in it says: To continue to use this service, you are going to have to give us some money. :cry:

Since I'm not paying $12.95 - I wait - at least the forums are free. :roll:
Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition + LP Stage II + Sub37 + Model D reissue + CP-251 + VX-351

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:41 pm

How about using another email address?
http://www.myspace.com/sirdsssound
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Scott_Stone

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:17 am

*slap on the wrist*

Tisk, tisk...