Where's the Moog Modeler?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
DeFrag

Where's the Moog Modeler?

Post by DeFrag » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:02 am

Coming to MoogSpace in January:

Moog Modeler - We launch the Moog Modeler, an easy-to-use online tool for capturing the patch routing and settings of all of your Moog gear. So put down that paper and pencil, and grab your mouse - the Moog Modeler is about to arrive!
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

moogmusic
Site Admin

Modeler

Post by moogmusic » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:59 pm

We are about 1-2 weeks away from release. All of the functionality tests are working nicely but we want to make sure it looks sharp coming out of the gate.

Thanks,

Moog Music

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:20 pm

Erm, thanks for the reply.. but it is now almost May.

I think I speak for all of us here when I say: "We deserve to know the truth about MoogSpace". I'm most interested in the Modeler, file shares, & the Ask Amos column. I must say that it is extremely unfortunate that I didn't get to try the Modeler before my trial membership expired. Maybe MoogSpace should just be free to registered members. GRRrrr.. Maybe its time for you all to have a pow-wow meeting & finalize your stance, presence, & committment to us.. we who continue to try to remain thankful for your products & loyal to your company.

I'm sure Moog has its hands full but please be honest & give status. At least we won't sit here wondering. Remember, we even offered to help take on some MoogSpace responsibilities. May I remind you of this thread: http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
Personally, I was & still am very serious in helping promote, manage, & provide content & POC for anything necessary regarding MoogSpace.

Enough rant.. maybe just some status eh?
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

till

Post by till » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:33 pm

DeFrag,

I second you 100% !!!

I feel really bad about the way the registered and paying MoogSpace users are treated by Moog Music.
I think I wasted $12.95 for absolutely nothing.
And no responce action here on the thread I started about the MoogSpace being dad as a door nail for months !!! (except the NAMM story).

If this is showing us how Moog Music will do business with the loyal customers of their instruments, then it is time to think twice about buying a new Moog from now on.

Yes I think it is now time to get a bid louder here.

Moog, are you really listening ?
Where to claim a refound because you did not deliver what I paid for ?

Sorry for the harsh words, but maybe they will get the message this way. The polite way caused no real answer or reaction.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

sergiovalente9

Post by sergiovalente9 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:36 am

DeFrag i feel the same as U. We need/want an answer!!

mee3d

Post by mee3d » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:12 pm

Till ... I think that might be a little strong!

Don't get me wrong though, as I think you are right but i doubt anyone is NOT going to buy a moog just because the moogspace sucks (when the general public forum is just fine).

After my rant, I did get a message from Amos saying that he had sent a message to Mike Adams to remind him about my video content but I have not heard anything since then (some 3-4 weeks ago), I guess it's a busy time for music manufacturers what with the messe's and all.

Perhaps moog are hatching a new plan... in the meantime i chose to put up my videos on the rlmusic.co.uk website for anyone and EVERYONE to see them... rlmusic seemed quite interested to get this "added value" content for their website!

Mal
http://www.mee3d.com
3d animation & compositing | multimedia design & production | web design & development | dvd authoring & encoding | audio surround mixing & composition

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:04 pm

mee3d wrote:...in the meantime i chose to put up my videos on the rlmusic.co.uk website for anyone and EVERYONE to see them... rlmusic seemed quite interested to get this "added value" content for their website!
I think that was a great idea. It makes the film available and publicises Moog without extra work for the Moog corporation itself, and also brings traffic to the RL site.

The URL, incidentally, is

http://www.rlmusic.co.uk/video.html

for anyone looking for it. The location isn't immediately obvious when you go to the site.

till

Post by till » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:44 am

mee3d wrote:...
Don't get me wrong though, as I think you are right but i doubt anyone is NOT going to buy a moog just because the moogspace sucks (when the general public forum is just fine).
Did you lost $12.95 for close to nothing ?
How to trust a company that was promising things for a anual fee of $12.95 and delivered nothing new from that point on?
When I buy a keyboard or synth, I have to trust the company for good support.
And now I think they ignore their paying MoogSpace members that subscribed very early.´to help the thing getting started.

And by the way:
still no reaction by Moog Music at all. No private mail, now comment here on their plans or a refound.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

mee3d

Post by mee3d » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:04 am

I never subscribed personally so I have lost nothing.

In my experience, with new equipment and especially software it's alway wise to sit back and wait a little, wait for the firmware upgrades and the software updates to appear - if you do want to be an "early adopter" then you need to understand things might not go 'right' from the off, one needs to be a little tolerant of teathing troubles.

As I said... I think you are right being upset because after all, you did pay for something and not receive what was promised back but I do think that you need to emotionally seperate the 'moogspace' fiasco from the general runnings of moogmusic.

Moog as a small, bistro company that makes musical instruments have a very high support record (In my experience) and surely this is more important then a web portal... there are a number of other moog related web portals one can join.

I'm sure it's just down to moog (as a small company) being out-stretched in bringing us all great equipment and I'm sure 'moogspace' will reinvent itself and all the early registered users will get free access or similar.

Personally I think it's wrong of moog to charge for this "added value" service and they should look to other methods to fund the development of this space... I have spent thousands of bucks over the years on moog kit and I for one feel that there should be no reason for me to pay for what could be considered "freebies".

Which is why I never joined in the first place.

I think blasting moogs name will not help to get anything quicker ... in my opinion, from reading the various threads and from emails I have had from Amos, moog know they have F'ed up and I am sure they are doing something about it as we speak.

Mal
http://www.mee3d.com
3d animation & compositing | multimedia design & production | web design & development | dvd authoring & encoding | audio surround mixing & composition