Lovetone effects with Moog products?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
eo ire itum

Lovetone effects with Moog products?

Post by eo ire itum » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:32 am

Has anyone used the Lovetone line of effects in conjunction with any Moog products?
I am waiting on my Insert cable to use them with my Voyager.
With guitar the lovetones are completely incredible...

Thanks!!
Michael

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:08 am

Those have CV ins and outs don't they. That would be pretty cool to use the Light Sensor of the Ring Stinger to it's VCO into a Voyager or MF-104...

You could almost get a Lil Phatty for what some of those go for these days. Mega $$$
http://www.myspace.com/sirdsssound
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Scott_Stone

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:48 pm

I do not think you will be disappointed.

What do you have for Lovetone?
I had a chance to buy a Ring Stinger a few years ago, but the guy wanted one of my Moog RM and $650!! I had to pass.

I would love to A/B them side to side for a week or so.

I owned a Vermona RM-1 for awhile before buying the Moog. I baught the Moog and instantly was turned off by the Vermona. It sounded WEAK, thin a brittle next to the Moog. I sold the Vermona to fund another Moog.
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

eo ire itum

Post by eo ire itum » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:36 pm

Hi again , haze. I have the entire line of the Lovetones actually. For guitar they are completely crystal clear. Some of them even have effects loops, so you can run them in and out of each other. The possibilities are amazing. If anyone gets a chance to pick up the ? flanger (at a reasonable price?) then do so. It's like nothing else. In 5 days my monster insert cable should be here (thanks for the help haze!) and I will try them out and post the results on here. If only I had some Moog effects to A/B with the lovetones :evil:

Michael

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:35 pm

I have always wanted ? Flange. Will not pay collector prices. So I will probably never own one. :( If you are already somewhat satified with the sound, be ready to spend an entire evening just trying different routing possibilities, expecially when effects loops come into play.
Do you have any stereo effects? (mono in stereo out analog)
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

eo ire itum

Post by eo ire itum » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:26 pm

Hm. Let's see.

-Fulltone Tube Tape Echo. (This big goon really warms up the Voyager btw...)

-TC Electronics Chorus/flanger

-Red Witch Moon Phaser

-About half of the Lovetones are stereo as well

What about you?