Whats Next?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
museslave

Post by museslave » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:57 pm

latigid on wrote:That's what we do, Muse. Live drums, Moog Voyager, Rhodes, Space echo, VERY minimal sequencing (the drummer goes out of time anyway ;) ) and all into hardware keyboards only, no sampling bar minimal phrase looping on a digital delay, MIDI used almost exclusively for sysex transfer.

I either like to classify (not that everything needs classification, but it helps people understand your sound) the music as experimental dub/funk/drum'n'bass/ fusion or perhaps progessive electronic, which is actually a style according to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_electronica , but I'm not sure we mean the same thing. Kind of along the lines of "music for musicians," but it is still listenable to a general audience; the listener takes as much depth as they like. Much of the music is fully improvised, and songs can go for 30 mins.
It sounds very interesting, latigid on! I hope you can post some examples on MySpace. (thanks for adding me, by the way!)

From your description, it's a shame we don't live in the same city, country, etc. I would love to be a part of a band of that sort.
I currently live in the antithesis of a synthesizer-friendly city. For example, at my last gig, everyone thought it was funny that I was playing a Radio Shack keyboard... not knowing, of course, the relevance of the name "MG-1..."
www.youtube.com/user/automaticgainsay
www.myspace.com/automaticgainsay2
www.myspace.com/godfreyscordialmusic

museslave

Post by museslave » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:58 pm

bunnyman wrote:Have you heard the Brodsky Quartet? They've done arrangements of pop songs for the string quartet (Kraftwerk, in particular). They're rather enjoyable!
I have heard the name, but have not specifically heard them. I can't imagine how that would be anything OTHER than interesting and enjoyable! I will look for them!

museslave

Post by museslave » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:10 pm

Oh, and it might be relevant to all that I've said previously for me to plainly demonstrate that I am no enemy OR stranger to sequencing:

http://www.myspace.com/ofcongressandmachinery

All of these songs were written and recorded between 1994 and 1995, and sequenced soley within the confines of an Ensoniq EPS-16+.